Need Help Installing Linux Version

Guest trainershane

Guest trainershane

PRO Username:

Do you have active membership?: Yes

Your knowledge about PRO: Beginner

What have you done before the problem was there?

I downloaded the client specifically for Linux but Linux said it could not open/unzip the file type. I know nothing about Linux and only put it on my chromebook for this game. Anyone have any advice/help?

What have you already tried to solve the problem?

Description and Message

do you have a program to unzip files? if not get one. Are you getting any error messages?

322DjwW.png

All credit to Jaszie for creating the signature.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper

Forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

linux is the sort of OS where u need to know how to use it

linux isnt like windows.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Guest trainershane

It said something to the effect that the file type was not supported. I was using Squeeze and able to get the Linux version of firefox, I just hit extract here and it opened, but I cannot do that with PRO.

Im trying to learn it, as frustrating as it can be, but I have a Chromebook so not much else in terms of options.

Hello there, While im not familiar with the chromebook i can tell you how to work the Linux version.

This is what I do for Debian/Ubuntu/Mint Linux

Download

Unzip

Right Click PROLinux64_93_3.x86_64

Click On Properties

From Properties click Permissions Tab

Check the box that says " Execute: [ ] Allow executing file as program "

Click on Close (to close the properties box)

then i click on the file and it starts right up

Guest trainershane

Thats where I was getting stuck, I could not unzip the file. I hit extract here for a Firefox zip file and it opened right up, but I could not unzip the PRO file. I tried clicking it and using the text prompt(which I haven't completely figured out yet) and I could not un zip it.

What distibution do you use? Go for command line, type in su and hit enter (it will probaly ask for password, it wont show up when u type, instead of *****)

unzip file.zip -d destination_folder

Guest trainershane

I was finally able to unzip the file. I had to switch and download it on ChromeOS, then switch to Linux and unzip it. Howver now I have a new problem. When I go to launch the program after checking the box, only a black screen briefly flashes, but nothing else really happens and it wont launch.