Additional info in the PokeDex (EVs+Moves)

Asiril

I think it would be nice if some additional info was added to the pokedex.

1. The EV a pokemon gives when you beat it.

Could be placed in this area:

c7e14eb548.png

2. Apart from the level-up moves it would be nice to have a list of HM/TM/tutor moves the pokemon can learn.

This could be placed in the same scroll down menu after the level-up moves.

Right now you have to tab out of the game to look up if a pokemon can learn a specific move before buying it. It would be a lot nicer if it was included in the game.

3. Info on a move when mousing over/clicking in the pokedex.

Those are additions I would like to see :Cool:

pro_trainer_card_v3_1.png

Re: Additional info in the PokeDex (IVs+Moves)

<t>You mean EVs, not IVs.<br/>

<br/>

but yes the first is a good idea.<br/>

<br/>

the second suggestion, well thats what google is for :)</t>

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Re: Additional info in the PokeDex (IVs+Moves)

<r><QUOTE author="Arnie"><s>

</s><POST content="101521"><s></s>101521<e></e></POST> You mean EVs, not IVs.<br/>

<br/>

but yes the first is a good idea.<br/>

<br/>

the second suggestion, well thats what google is for :)<e>

</e></QUOTE>

You could say the first is also what Google is for, since you can search for both specific pokemon and specific EVs and such. I would recommend bookmarking Bulbapedia or Serebii for this (I prefer bulbapedia for pokemon info/moves and serebii for general info and news).<br/>

<br/>

I'd also like to add that I think the second is only a good idea because with some pokemon it's slightly unclear what Gen their movepool is from; I'm sure I've seen some pokemon adopt Gen V and some adopt Gen VI, but that might just be me. Although not much changed between Gen V and VI so egg moves are pretty similar. Other than this it's still Bulbapedia all the way.<br/>

<br/>

You may think it's easier to code it into the game, but I feel that searching for specific EVs, moves, pokemon etc broadens your knowledge of the game and makes you feel more involved; personally I wouldn't like everything handed to me on a plate, it would make the game slightly boring.</r>

shqhK5q.png

Changed IV to EV :) Thanks for the heads up.

Well it's not like I don't know how or where to find all this info. I just find it annoying that I have to tab out of the game each time I want to check up on it.

101560 You may think it's easier to code it into the game, but I feel that searching for specific EVs, moves, pokemon etc broadens your knowledge of the game and makes you feel more involved; personally I wouldn't like everything handed to me on a plate, it would make the game slightly boring.

As for this I don't see that finding the knowledge on the internet as opposed to finding it in the in-game pokedex will make a different in your wisdom. It's just tedious. Doesn't add to the difficulty of the game. And to me it also somewhat breaks immersion.

pro_trainer_card_v3_1.png