Shiney Growlith died when it shouldn't have

Kolgrimur

Hello,

im not sure if this was meant, when you said we shouldn't report bugs pertaining to moves, but since this really pissed me of, i have to repaort it:

I came across a shiny Growlithe and used (lik always when i want to catch a pokemon) False Swipe.

But instead of reducing the HP to 1 the Growlith died.

That i'm not sure about. Hmmm, i didn't even thnk about that possibility.

Yeah a handful of pokes you have to be careful swiping, they might have a recoil move.

Either way prayers for the fallen Growlithe.

Hello,

im not sure if this was meant, when you said we shouldn't report bugs pertaining to moves, but since this really [heck]ed me of, i have to repaort it:

I came across a shiny Growlithe and used (lik always when i want to catch a pokemon) False Swipe.

But instead of reducing the HP to 1 the Growlith died.

Hello @Kolgrimur

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. I understand how frustrating it can be.

As @Coono had stated though, the Growlithe could have possibly used the move Take Down after you used False Swipe. Can you confirm to me at what Route did you encounter the Shiny Growlithe?

Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day!

Hello @Kolgrimur

Can you confirm to me at what Route did you encounter the Shiny Growlithe?

Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day!

I encountered it at Mt. Pyre Exterior about halfway to the top.

Since then i had this problem with another rare pokemon (this time is saw that the pokemon used selvehurting techniqe after i used false swipe) so the probability, that i just missed it with the Growlithe, is about 99.9%.

Sorry for the trouble.

I encountered it at Mt. Pyre Exterior about halfway to the top.

Since then i had this problem with another rare pokemon (this time is saw that the pokemon used selvehurting techniqe after i used false swipe) so the probability, that i just missed it with the Growlithe, is about 99.9%.

Sorry for the trouble.

I have just confirmed that the Growlithe might've used take down, as it learns the move at level 23, and the spawns there range from 24-29.

Don't worry about it, there was no trouble. ^^

Since the issue has been solved, i'll be locking this thread. If you have any further questions, feel free to make another one.

Thank you and stay safe!