Set Time for Dailies to Reset

Digimontrainerr

I searched through the first five pages of this Suggestion forum and didn't find anything on this, but sorry if this has been brought up before..

Daily activities such as Headbutt spots, Dig spots (4 day reset), quests, Berry trees (multi day reset), etc. currently have a reset timer based on an hourly pattern. An example being if a player were to headbutt a tree at 10:00 one morning, they would not be able to headbutt that tree until EXACTLY 24 hours later, so 10:00 the next day. The problem with this is that it is far too exact and eventually you will not be there at precisely 10:00, so you'll slowly push that timer back to 10:01, 10:30, 11:00, 11:30, etc. until you miss a day completely.

My suggestion would be to have a set time for all daily events to reset. Instead of having these daily/4 day/2 day timers being based on when each account starts the cycle, have a set global time each day that would reset the timers and everyone could do the activity again. This would make being able to do daily activities once a day more realistic, as you would have a bigger time frame to get everything done without the hassle of having to be on at the exact time every day.

This is nothing new as other MMO's use this method for resetting daily activities, just a suggestion I think would allow for more players to get their dailies done efficiently here in PRO! Let me know what you think!

not possible since the NPCs go into cooldown as soon as u trigger a script.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

I have thought the same idea. Like it was in lineage 2 as i remember. This would gonna help a lot. ALso it would it make it a whole lot easier than having to travel to every boss and find out ,that you still cant fight him again.

I feel like this would also help the scripters from making some timer or something on each npc everytime we trigger them.

I feel disapointed we wont have that luxury in the future though.

But we cant help it , we are grateful for everything else you gave us guys ^^

109252 not possible since the NPCs go into cooldown as soon as u trigger a script.

Well, maybe not with how it is programmed now. I am no programmer so I have no idea how challenging it would be to script something like this, but other MMO's have this concept so it is possible. Instead of having the cooldown trigger when you talk to them, just have it a set time each day (same for all NPCs, headbutt trees, dig spots). A universal cooldown!

109252 not possible since the NPCs go into cooldown as soon as u trigger a script.

Well, maybe not with how it is programmed now. I am no programmer so I have no idea how challenging it would be to script something like this, but other MMO's have this concept so it is possible. Instead of having the cooldown trigger when you talk to them, just have it a set time each day (same for all NPCs, headbutt trees, dig spots). A universal cooldown!

There would be multiple issues, most importantly the fact the whole script would have to be re-written, but also that its along the lines of "if something isn't broke, don't fix it". It might be "better" the way you have suggested, but it wouldn't be easier, especially with things such as the taskmaster, who gives you 2 days to do tasks etc.

shqhK5q.png

Have been thinking of this as well and it really would be great.

If it's too troublesome to do it with NPCs then at least having it for headbutt trees, dig spots and berries would be really really appreciated :Heart:

pro_trainer_card_v3_1.png

110089 Have been thinking of this as well and it really would be great.

If it's too troublesome to do it with NPCs then at least having it for headbutt trees, dig spots and berries would be really really appreciated :Heart:

those things you just listed ARE NPC scripts

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.