Contaminate a drink with sleep powder?

Sybilvain

1. 1.

I talked to Micheal in the house near the Goldenrod dept. store but the dialogue was so awfully tedious I didn't read half of it (sorry, I hate to complain but sheesh is everyone painfully verbose). he said something about contaminating a drink with sleep powder and I got a key. after being confused for a good 5 minutes I figured out I needed to go to the bottom floor of the dept. store.

I found the guard and tried to give him a drink. I got distracted by the (once again) tedious dialogue, then realized I'm supposed to contaminate the drink so I can get through. (I guess?)

my question is, how am I supposed to go about this? none of my pokemon know that move, am I supposed to hunt down a caterpie or metapod and level it until it learns the move or is there some other way?

if Michael explained it, then I missed it. I'm loving this game so far but seriously, so much of the dialogue is "tl;dr"

I've also noticed a number of mistakes in it, maybe I could help with that, if you'd like? for example in the guard's dialogue I noticed "taks" where it should be "task," and somewhere in there your character says something backwards...I noticed plenty more up to this point. anyway I happen to thoroughly enjoy English and editing and would be happy to help, just let me know. and thanks for your time. :)

you need to buy a drink from goldenrod shop. on top floor there should be a vending mashine. and have a pokemon in your party that knows sleep powder. so get a lvl 12 buterfree. fastest way is get a lvl 8 caterpie.in 1 fight it will be 9,then grind to 10,then destroy everything with confusion from buterfree.at 12 it will learn sleep powder, then go make that guard fall asleep :P

• Checked/Done 1

Ah, so you really do have to do that. I wasn't sure because it just seemed like.. such an out of the way task? it's not so bad though if you grab a level 8 caterpie like you said. :p

well I'm glad I learned this, I'll be prepared for it after the wipe x3 thanks!!