Kanto E4 exp exploit

Mcflainthegreat

So I just stumbled on this what seems to be an exploit. I was doing the Kanto E4 where I finally beaten lance but I was not ready for Gary in which I lost. But the thing is, when I replayed the E4, I still gained exp and I thought that this was fine so I continued to use the exploit to lvl up my gengar to lvl 100, I also intentionally lose to gary to keep farming the exp. When I told others about this, they told me that this was not intentional and probably an exploit.

I am sorry, I didn't knew this was an exploit and I discovered it by accident.

• Like 1

So I just stumbled on this what seems to be an exploit. I was doing the Kanto E4 where I finally beaten lance but I was not ready for Gary in which I lost. But the thing is, when I replayed the E4, I still gained exp and I thought that this was fine so I continued to use the exploit to lvl up my gengar to lvl 100, I also intentionally lose to gary to keep farming the exp. When I told others about this, they told me that this was not intentional and probably an exploit.

I am sorry, I didn't knew this was an exploit and I discovered it by accident.

I openly thank Flain for reporting this, he brought it up and I found out a way to exploit this and I've messaged Staff regarding it. It might've been abused recently, I hope Staff can solve it! :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

Hi McflaintheGreat. Thank you for the report.

E4 still giving experience after losing to them is an intended feature that has been implemented many months ago, and was the main goal of the Elite Four rework. We wanted players to be able to increase in levels the same way as many players do in the original games, that is, fighting the Elite 4 repeatedly, which is to many players far more interesting that farming in late-story areas such as the Victory Roads, especially for Kanto where most players evolved their Pokemon without knowing that makes them require more experience per level. Being able to consistantly defeat E4 pokemons still requires a certain minimum power level which must still be achieved via areas like Victory Road if the Pokemon has not already reached that level within story.

That said, we also didn't want the Elite 4 to become too good of an exp source to the point that people would prefer the E4 over the more popular post-story exp sources. Many factors, such as the high difficulty that forces full evolution, the lack of money gains, and the lower level coupled with high stats make the E4 less efficient than areas like the Cerulean Cave, and should remain true from low levels where the Pokemon requires support from another Pokemon, to high levels where the Pokemon is able to fight on its own.

Our tests have shown that the reworked E4 fulfilled this balance goal. It is perfectly fine if the E4 allows you to train up to level 100, most Elite Fours are designed so that you need to be at least level 90 in order to defeat them without having to use large amounts of items. But as long as areas like the Cerulean Cave remain more efficient, we do not consider this to be an exploit. If someone is able to receive experience more efficiently via a specific situation/strategy, then we would indeed consider this an exploit, and would want to see it reported.

I hope you have a good day.

• Like 1