Locked pokemon

Dzgochenkiid

Im new to the game and just joined about 20ish hours ago. I made it to fuchsia city where i saw in the trade chat that someone (there name was Krikke) was selling a riolu for 20k. I had messaged him and said i had 21k and wanted to trade. He agreeded and we had traded in the fuchsia city pokemon center. After finishing the i went to add riolu to my team but i couldnt get it out the box. There was a lock on its slot thing. Has his happened to anyone else?

Edit: i tried to add a picture but its not goning through

Hello @DzgochenKiid,

Norex already answered pretty well. You can't use Pokes from other Generations until your have beaten that Region already and have 8 Badges in the Region you are currently in. So as soon as you enter Johto all your Kanto Pokes will be locked in your PC until you beat the 8th Johto Gym. And even then you will not be able to use Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokes. When you enter Hoenn all your Kanto and Johto Pokes will be locked in PC till you beat 8th Gym there but can't use Sinnoh Pokes and when you enter Sinnoh all Kanto, Johto and Hoenn Pokes will be locked till you beat 8th Gym there. So for E4 you can always use your old Team. And also you can trade in all other Regions right from the start :-) I hope that helped

Greetings,

M3ru3m

M3RU3M_Gif_-_Final-1.gif

Hail to the ANT KING