Cross Server Sales

Zearomm

Hi, im seeing a lot of "cross server" auctions, but they all make the buyer responsible for changing servers... What's the logic? If its a cross server i expect the seller to change.

Well, imagine it like this. The seller has 20 pokemon to sell in one server. The buyer just wants one and both can afford changing the server. The seller also has 15 more clients: 13 from Gold and 2 from Silver. Would the seller logically transfer to Silver to sell the two other Silver players some expensive pokemon? No. He has a lot of other clients and he can't spend CC's nonstop just to transfer to sell a single pokemon. It's not as easy as you'd think to afford a paid server transfer.

Aside from that, when you bid on a pokemon, you're fully accepting that one of the two will have to transfer, whoever it is. Things must be talked with the seller and the purchaser, and you have to make the deal for it. Recently I bought a pokemon from a Silver player and I can't thank him enough that he moved from Silver to Gold to sell it to me, when I should've been the one to move to Silver, as he had more deals to attend there.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

Sure, but if I, the buyer, is the one going to change servers, all auctions, sales and shops are cross server! I can bid on any auction in any server since im going to change, makes no sense to me to see a auction that has [CROSS SERVERS] and i am the one who needs to change.

Sure, but if I, the buyer, is the one going to change servers, all auctions, sales and shops are cross server! I can bid on any auction in any server since im going to change, makes no sense to me to see a auction that has [CROSS SERVERS] and i am the one who needs to change.

Yes, but what's the issue then? You have the ability to bid on any auction as long as you have the funds and can transfer. The seller has the shop set up in their server where they've always played, as the buyer has the money where they've always played. You can just talk it out with the seller and reason who should transfer to exchange the pokemon. It isn't that hard as long as you both are fully understanding people and discuss it properly.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

I have no problem with it, like you said, if both parts agree there's no problem.

But i still think its funny to offer something to both servers while making the buyer responsible for changing, just makes no sense to me.

I understood what u meant, I have noticed this a lot lately too.

These sellers just want more exposure by posting the threads in both servers, but refuse to offer free shipping if the buyer is from another server, and request the buyers to come to them. Calling it "Cross Server" is too big of a stretch, if not considered false advertising.

it's like a shop hanging the big post "Cross-countries selling", but those foreigners must come here to buy.

Imo, in order to call ur sales "Cross Server", u either have to offer free shipping, or at least subsidize the cost to be less than 2 CC (the cost for a buyer if they transfer by themself back & forth).

I'd support Trade Moderators to pick up on this and regulate all these titles with the misleading "Cross Server".

• Like 1