How safe is this game from Nintendo?

Snowmen158

I saw this posted on the sub-reddit, and wanted to ask you guys:

How safe is this game from Nintendo taking it down? I've been having loads of fun with it, but i would rather not put 100's of hours into it just for it to go away :(

What do you guys think?

I also would like to know this if i donate five buck-a-ruse and the game gets taken down that would kinda suck... it would kinda suck if it was taken down in general. :confused:
You are donating to the server, so if you choose to spend 5 dollars, that is your choice. The server will always have a risk of being shut down since pokemon is a registered trademark of "Game Freak" and Nintendo.

One of the reasons I've been told PRO isn't liable for copyright breach is due to the fact that its free to play so the developers don't technically profit from it. I think if Nintendo was going to make a move against PRO they would have done so already, its been close to a year now and I don't believe anything has happened.

There are other Pokemon MMOs that have lasted longer and are still active, if anything, their players are the ones who should worry more.

In fact, usually, when a fan-made MMO goes down without any clear reason, it's usually because of other things (such as too much hackers, corrupt staffs, or dwindling amount of players), not because it is getting sued. Just look at Ragnarok Online private servers, most of them that goes down, goes down not because of getting sued, but because of what happened within the game itself.

Also, Nintendo and TPCi don't seem to want to make an MMO, the existence of fan-made Pokemon MMOs actually help them in a way, they don't have to bother with the players asking for an MMO.