Pokedollars

Cryo23

114225 I don't understand what you mean by sinkhole? I understand that poke dollar needs to be terminated periodically for the economy to be stable but if more and more Pokemon are being captured anyway doesn't that already create an unsolvable problem for gradual decrease in the general worth of our pokemon?

Basically the gold sink is just there to give value to certain types of Pokemon. While yes, the value of some pokemon may go down as scarcity decreases, it will decrease the pokemon's value at a far smaller rate than if the gold sink did not exist.

Think of it as solving a problem to slow the bleeding of money rather than stop it, as we cannot stop the bleeding of money.

Just a side note. You do need to purchase a bike to start the side quest for the subway. The manager will tell you to find someone which is only accessible through the bike only route.

So the investment is well worth it as it opens up another route to gather pokemon.

114225 I don't understand what you mean by sinkhole? I understand that poke dollar needs to be terminated periodically for the economy to be stable but if more and more Pokemon are being captured anyway doesn't that already create an unsolvable problem for gradual decrease in the general worth of our pokemon?

I would say what prevents this is that good pokemon are extremely rare, and once someone gets what they want they become much less likely to sell more of them. Also since the market is a lot of supply and demand and since not everyone is selling all the time it prevents it a bit. Once a 24/7 market arrives pokemon will lower in value depending on how much the market is flooded by them, but this will also make rare pokemon a bit higher since they will always be proportionally less available

I would say what prevents this is that good pokemon are extremely rare, and once someone gets what they want they become much less likely to sell more of them. Also since the market is a lot of supply and demand and since not everyone is selling all the time it prevents it a bit. Once a 24/7 market arrives pokemon will lower in value depending on how much the market is flooded by them, but this will also make rare pokemon a bit higher since they will always be proportionally less available

yeah this actually is a good point more players = more demand as well

Money sink is a term used to define a way to delete large amounts of In-game money over time. This prevents the players collecting xx amounts of dollars and then buying X item for more than its worth, this will cause an unstable supply & demand which will increase the market prices. So by deleting money prices stay low and afforable. All games have them, some not well thought out than othera though. Which is why they have high prices.

(Anyone who has ever played FlyFF will agree with me that their gold sink is horrible.)