Cannot Play Game

Rogueplatelite

Hello, I recently had to update my PRO game. Upon installing the most up to date version, I cant load up the game because I the “il2cpp” failed to load. My antivirus software then proceeds to alert me that a virus found in the “GameAssembly.dll” has been dealt with which is why the il2cpp cannot load. What is in the game that is considered a virus? Taking players info or something? I dont feel like disabling my antivirus or firewall just to play PRO, with viruses at that. Any tips would be appreciated 

42FAE2D7-4F22-4C8F-AFD2-965AE7F30EA6.jpeg

4B80B8F6-584D-4F9F-91F8-569E1B25E682.jpeg

On 12/20/2020 at 3:47 AM, RogueplatElite said:

Hello, I recently had to update my PRO game. Upon installing the most up to date version, I cant load up the game because I the “il2cpp” failed to load. My antivirus software then proceeds to alert me that a virus found in the “GameAssembly.dll” has been dealt with which is why the il2cpp cannot load. What is in the game that is considered a virus? Taking players info or something? I dont feel like disabling my antivirus or firewall just to play PRO, with viruses at that. Any tips would be appreciated

Hey there!

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.
Here is an explanation from the devs why the "GameAssembly.dll" file is considered as a virus.

The GameAssembly.dll contains basically the entire game logic and is protected with themida. Bad anti-virus software could conceivably recognize the packed dll as malicious because bad actors have used themida to protect their malware as well. All assemblies protected with this packer have a very similar layout and signature by design. Themida is a legit commertial software solution to protect against reverse engineering.

If this person is really worried he can check the file with online multi anti-virus checkers like https://virustotal.com/ and see that the vast majority of anti-virus software doesn't have an issue with it.

Furthermore, I would like to tell that you don't necessary need to completely disable your antivirus program. You can add an exception for PRO to your antivirus/firewall.

I hope this clarified everything you needed. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Kind regards

20210327_164619.gif.f1ca1cea8a9d78e45a12587c95d40570.gif

【 General Support ✘ Bug Resolution CenterComplaints Area ✘ Report Center 】

Please do not contact staff members for private support.

Share your questions on the forums, as they can then be of use to others.

Hey there, I appreciate your quick response to my situation. I can understand a bit more given your explanation. I went ahead and added an exception for PRO in my firewall but the same problem persists. I believe at this point I need to either figure out how to have my McAfee Antivirus Program add that same exception for PRO or to contact them for additional help. But either way I am pretty sure I can get back to playing once that is done. Thank you so much for your assistance and happy holidays!

Edit: So I finally found the issue. My McAfee Antivirus program was actually erasing the "GameAssembly.dll" from existence since it saw it as a threat to my pc, thus resulting in an incomplete game file. I had to put an exception for PRO in both my Windows Firewall and my McAfee Antivirus Program, delete and uninstall all traces of PRO on my pc, turn off the virus scan of my antivirus program and finally reinstall the game fresh from the official website. I immediately was able to see the game assembly file and now I can play the game just fine (After also setting an exception for the game assembly file and turning the virus scan back on) If this is able to help out any other players in the future please take note of this and once again thank you for your help

Edited by RogueplatElite

On 12/22/2020 at 1:37 AM, RogueplatElite said:

Hey there, I appreciate your quick response to my situation. I can understand a bit more given your explanation. I went ahead and added an exception for PRO in my firewall but the same problem persists. I believe at this point I need to either figure out how to have my McAfee Antivirus Program add that same exception for PRO or to contact them for additional help. But either way I am pretty sure I can get back to playing once that is done. Thank you so much for your assistance and happy holidays!

Edit: So I finally found the issue. My McAfee Antivirus program was actually erasing the "GameAssembly.dll" from existence since it saw it as a threat to my pc, thus resulting in an incomplete game file. I had to put an exception for PRO in both my Windows Firewall and my McAfee Antivirus Program, delete and uninstall all traces of PRO on my pc, turn off the virus scan of my antivirus program and finally reinstall the game fresh from the official website. I immediately was able to see the game assembly file and now I can play the game just fine (After also setting an exception for the game assembly file and turning the virus scan back on) If this is able to help out any other players in the future please take note of this and once again thank you for your help

I'm glad to see your issue has been solved.
I'll close the thread now.
Don't hesitate to ask again, if you have any further questions.

Have a nice day!

20210327_164619.gif.f1ca1cea8a9d78e45a12587c95d40570.gif

【 General Support ✘ Bug Resolution CenterComplaints Area ✘ Report Center 】

Please do not contact staff members for private support.

Share your questions on the forums, as they can then be of use to others.

• Exotyc locked this topic