Hail damage after own pokémon faints

Drunicorn

Hello there!

I just encountered a bug with hail damage.

In the given situation, my bisharp was defeated by walrein, making me pick a new pokémon to fight with.

The problem I encountered is, that the swampert I used to fight on took damage by hail on the turn it was picked to replace my fainted pokemon.

This shouldn't be the case, as the replacement of a fainted pokémon happends after everything else in the current turn (e.g. leftover heal, all attacks, hail damage).

In the screenshot below you can see...

1. Hail is active

2. My swampert has damage, despite the fact it has just switched in (Glacia didn't use entry hazards in this fight)

I hope you can resolve this issue, should this bug appear in all gamemodes (which I assume), it could have a notable impact on PvP, too.

Regards

Unicorn

screenshot_298.jpg.dc8deba85cff4cefc6997df10d51e04d.jpg

Hello @DrUnicorn,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Like Norex said, this only happens in PvE, it doesn't affect PvP. However, it is not working as intended. When you bring a fresh Pokemon out after a KO, it's like a turn has passed, so weather damage occurs, you lose a turn of weather, Trick Room, Tailwind, items activate, abilities activate, Leech Seed activates, etc. It's known and has been reported but the ETA for a fix will be down to the Developers' availability and how high this is on their priority list.

Thank you for reporting and have a nice day!