Issue with Birch in Verdanturf House 2 (Possibly)

Foley1kanobi

Hey guys,

Love the game - just start playing this month.

I just noticed that Birch in Verdanturf House 2 Identifies me as being "the new champion of Hoenn" even though i'm not yet, i only have 3 badges and asks me if i want to battle him, though when i select battle it says i'm not the Hoenn champ and wont allow me to battle him -  Check out the screenshots

Anyway, just wanted to help out.

Cheers

NPC dialogue error.png

NPC dialogue error2.png

Hello @Foley1Kanobi. Apologies for the inconvenience.

That NPC is what is known as a Boss; they can be identified by their red names. This particular boss is Professor Birch, which requires being champion of Hoenn to battle. This is not a bug, but simply a dialog divergence. 

Nonetheless, we appreciate your concern. If you have further questions or another issue, please let me know.

20210315_182419.GIF.600580dc17bf992ac675ff6acd0178f9.GIF

Game Rules  |  Resolution Center  |  PRO Wiki

Instead of privately contacting Staff, make a thread, it may help other players.

Hey @Epithet

No inconvenience at all, just wanted to help with what i thought might be a mistake.
Oh yeah, My appologies. I thought Bosses were NPC's as well.

Okay, so its meant to be that way then? or is Professor Birch meant to say something different?
Sorry if its meant to be this way and it seems like i'm wasting your time, Perhaps its something i misunderstood?

Many thanks.
Foley1Kanobi

Edited by Foley1Kanobi