Grand Unifying Balance Thread

Eoxsa

What's your ideal solution?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. What's your ideal solution?

• Change nothing, the game is fine the way it is.
    • Remove the increase in XP required for evolved forms.
    • Make trainers more interesting/tricky rather than more powerful.
    • Add more unique mechanics to distinguish the game rather than difficulty (Boss trainers, etc)
    • Double XP required, but remove the x3 modifier for evolved forms.
    • Make wild pokemon as difficult as they are in the handhelds.
    • Make field healing items more plentiful or cheaper.
    • Add a way for players to craft and sell TMs.
    • Alternative methods of EV training or levelling (In the vein of Super Training.)
    • Add the x1.3 experience bonus for unevolved forms past their evolution point in gen 6

We've got two reasonably large ones running on slightly different topics and a handful more that have been made and locked, so I think a poll might be in order.

It's no secret that the balance in PRO is a touchy subject, but threads seem to quickly devolve into name-calling and personal attacks for no discernible reason. Yes, this is an MMO. MMOs are generally grindy, but is there a point in a huge grind if the MMO itself is free? I tend to lean towards lightening the load (At least towards the beginning) and putting the difficulty in the gym leaders, trainers and the (Actually quite neat) boss trainers.

I admit I mostly just wanted to put a poll up, but other than that both wild pokemon power and XP to level/penalty for evolving are valid points of discussion. Please try not to be a jerk about it.

You can choose multiple options!!

For me, the major ones are the first and second point. It's absolutely ridiculous and silly logic that by evolving a pokemon, they earn less EXP - technically they're exactly the same pokemon!

I do also think that a more interesting and unique set of trainers and boss battles would without a doubt make the game more alive and unique. Having said that, I believe that the difficulty of the game plays an integral part as an aspect of Pokemon. Its challenging nature drives the players to beat it, and hence making the game much more enjoyable and rewarding.

I think people who made this game already got alot of work with logging issues, coding of new server and incoming update.

Im actually enjoying the fact this game is harder than normal Pokemon games, because it needs to be.

Like You said its MMO.

Something easy = boring, but thats only my humble opinion.

Anyway nice work and I really like point 2 & 7.

Making the pokemon in the wild more difficult would be more than enough to suffice this games XP system (which i think is good as is, but gets frustrating around level 70+)

Not just crafting TM's and stuff, but having a whole line of professions would be really really cool and would get the community more involved with each other. I suggest making a suggestion post specifically with this request.

EV leveling is something I do, but I hate doing it every time. I think it would be fine if they added the power items. But for gods sake, DONT ADD SUPER TRAINING.

Great thread. I really hope the devs take some of these to heart as they improve on the game. As I'm one of those that think that fixing the current "no evolution meta" would improve the game in the grand scheme of things.

Just wanted to point out that "it's an MMO" isnt a valid point. It doesnt mean anything, there are millions of MMO's which are all different when it comes to grinding standards.

I agree that the game needs ot be harder than handhelds because most of us have done the game so often.

I also agree that there should be a decent grind, because it makes the achievement feel valuable.

But "it's an MMO" is just an authority argument that means nothing whatsoever

125341 Just wanted to point out that "it's an MMO" isnt a valid point. It doesnt mean anything, there are millions of MMO's which are all different when it comes to grinding standards.

I agree that the game needs ot be harder than handhelds because most of us have done the game so often.

I also agree that there should be a decent grind, because it makes the achievement feel valuable.

But "it's an MMO" is just an authority argument that means nothing whatsoever

It's an appeal to tradition, not authority.