The New Server Not What I Thought...

Itzblackdragon

I logged in to the new blue server thinking this is gonna fix the problem of so many people trying to get into the red server but found that you have to start over. I thought that it would save your progress over both servers so you would go into the server that has less people into it to get in faster and not have to wait in a queue. I don't want to start over again so i have to log into the red server every time. Their are almost 900 people atm trying to get in to the red server and I don't wanna wait that long to get in. I agree this server is gonna fix the problem of newbies but the people that don't wanna start over arn't. The red server needs to be double its capacity. I can handle lag and maintenance but the capacity needs to get fixed before I can enjoy this game fully. I also had the idea that if it was possible to make a solo version of the game (which I would pay for if needed) that would make this game 100 times better. Then I wouldn't have to wait in a queue and would enjoy this game way more. Yes, I do enjoy the multiplayer part of this game but would like to do solo stuff like training and such then eventually log back into the server. Thanks for reading this whole thing if you did and hope one of these ideas can become a reality. :Grin:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

120179 I logged in to the new blue server thinking this is gonna fix the problem of so many people trying to get into the red server but found that you have to start over. I thought that it would save your progress over both servers so you would go into the server that has less people into it to get in faster and not have to wait in a queue. I don't want to start over again so i have to log into the red server every time. Their are almost 900 people atm trying to get in to the red server and I don't wanna wait that long to get in. I agree this server is gonna fix the problem of newbies but the people that don't wanna start over arn't. The red server needs to be double its capacity. I can handle lag and maintenance but the capacity needs to get fixed before I can enjoy this game fully. I also had the idea that if it was possible to make a solo version of the game (which I would pay for if needed) that would make this game 100 times better. Then I wouldn't have to wait in a queue and would enjoy this game way more. Yes, I do enjoy the multiplayer part of this game but would like to do solo stuff like training and such then eventually log back into the server. Thanks for reading this whole thing if you did and hope one of these ideas can become a reality. :Grin:

The blue sever attempts for new start and new players, not is solution for old players. In technically, they cannot do as what you said, 1 account data in both server. And if I hear from admin said that the max capability of server can reach is 1900 for current stable

Agreed. It doesn't follow most game logic where a server is a direct copy where people can funnel between places when traffic is high. For those who busted for 25+ hours to get where they are, is there any compelling reason to switch servers? At this rate the Red server will always have too many players, then eventually the blue server will have the same issue as people become dedicated there. Then, whatever server follows will have the same issue.

How can other games have account data flow between servers, but not this game?

120184 Agreed. It doesn't follow most game logic where a server is a direct copy where people can funnel between places when traffic is high. For those who busted for 25+ hours to get where they are, is there any compelling reason to switch servers? At this rate the Red server will always have too many players, then eventually the blue server will have the same issue as people become dedicated there. Then, whatever server follows will have the same issue.

What game you play have direct copy when switch server?

Think of it as a new beginning. :D

2i0b0oi.gif

[glow=red]Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both; For a wounded man shall say to his assailant... "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you." Such is the rule of honor.[/glow]

120184 Agreed. It doesn't follow most game logic where a server is a direct copy where people can funnel between places when traffic is high. For those who busted for 25+ hours to get where they are, is there any compelling reason to switch servers? At this rate the Red server will always have too many players, then eventually the blue server will have the same issue as people become dedicated there. Then, whatever server follows will have the same issue.

What game you play have direct copy when switch server?

Almost any online game? Even Runescape 15 years ago allowed you to change servers when one was full. Still does. It's incredibly common in MMO games as well as any other game where you play online. I mean look at Destiny, you're constantly switched to new servers with different users browsing the game world.

The issue is that it seems like much of the character data for this game is tied directly to the server, rather than to a separate player account database. If that were true, it would just be a matter of loading X account into whichever server was least full. I'd imagine if they built it the first way, changing that now and having a dedicated account separate from the servers would be a massive challenge.

Looking for the day when players will appreciate when they get something...

the new server is a longtime solution, it will distribute new players on both servers in the long run, so it will cause less traffic on the red server. An additional server where you can keep your progress wont happen, also the capacity of red server wont increase for a while i assume since it already has bandwidth issues.