Announce important changes in the in-game welcoming message

Kary0plasma

Hey,

I think it would be a good idea to announce ongoing events and oddities like outbreaks, WQ and the most recent case of dig/headbutt/exca being temporarily unavailable alongside the "Welcome to PRO" server message. There are a lot of player that don't read the announcements on Discord and it would maybe help reducing confusion. An example is this thread (https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/172665-cant-dig-after-completing-hoen/) in the General Talk forum and also every other question in the Help chat ingame is "Why can't I dig?".

Should be a fairly simple change that would greatly help people to stay updated.

Edit: Actually scratch WQ, since there is already an ingame icon to reflect an ongoing WQ. The tooltip could be updated to include which Poke is requested, but I figure that tooltips are hardcoded strings, so that might be not a simple change. Would still be cool somewhere down the road.

Edited by Kary0plasma

+1

I like the idea.

But... what if they actually made a information box instead, that pops up once a player log in and something important has happened. (Will only trigger once)

That way, even the newest players won't be able to miss it and it will reduce the amount of confusion.

As you said, a lot of players who are confused right now, are either; not aware its even posted in the announcements channel on Discord, not even a part of PRO's Discord server, or don't have Discord installed.

To eliminate and reduce the much confused audience PRO has created right now, a better and simple solution is what they should be aiming to create in the future.

But, I can understand from the developer's POV, that changes like this is not easy and will require a LOT of effort and time to put in place.

After all, the project they were handed over, were basically spaghetti.

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png