Someone needs to NERF these Gym Leaders

Notaccountable

I think this game is awesome and ive been having so much fun playing it this past week but GMs please read this because its pretty important. Some of the gyms are hard... and I get that. You dont want a game to be too easy for those hardcore fans that want to play competitively. HOWEVER... this Gym battle with Blain isnt just hard, ITS IMPOSSIBLE. For starters let me explain my team

Seadra lvl 70

Gyarados lvl 55

Gyarados lvl 45

Charizard lvl 63

Magnazone lvl 65

Gengar lvl 64

Now Seadra two hits each of them with surf or hydro pump. Blains Charizard 1 hits him with air cutter so I spammed Dragon dance on his second pokemon 8 TIMES to MAX OUT my seadra's speed and attack and Charizard STILL BEAT MY SPEED. Im sorry guys but for a pokemon thats supposed to be my same level without holding an item CANNOT BEAT OUT A MAX SPEED SEADRA. This isnt just hard its literally impossible.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well again I would no doubt use status conditions on him but both seadra and Magnazone get 1 hit by Charizard who ALWAYS goes first. The max out speed is just to explain how this Charizard must be coded with like over 400 speed. So since my pokemon die in 1-2 hits what can I do?

I defeated blaine with just one run in red server. I just did an all out counter type attack (mostly ground attacks from my nidoking) and aqua tail with gyarados. I ignored burn effects as I have both left overs and blacksludge. As I recall, my avg level of pokemon is ~65

121894 8 TIMES to MAX OUT

I thought buff maxstack is only 6 times up which equates to + 300% more]

121894 Gyarados lvl 55

Gyarados lvl 45

Maybe if even one of your gyarados lvl is around 65, he can most likely pawn 2-3 blaines pokes. Gyarados is quie tankywith decent speed. 20+ lvl difference is pretty huge even with countertypes.

Migrating to blue server ^^,

I walked in to Cinnabar Gym with a level 48 Golem. I walked out with the badge and a level 63 Golem.

The gyms can be very difficult (was stuck on poison one for ages) if you don't find a hard counter to the leaders' pokemon. Keep on trying though, they are completely doable. It's nice that PRO's gym leaders give such a good challenge.

Well I used it 8 times until it said it was maxed so idk about the average max stacks, it could just be a bug. Still the Point is that its Max speed which im trying to emphasize.

I have dig on my Charizard just to throw on a ground move for him and it does about half the damage to Blains Charizard as his air cutter does to me. My Charizard has great IVs and attack/def/SPATK trained evs.

But I would need to catch a good rock type, train it to 65+ to be relevant and that just shouldn't be the case for the second to last gym leader. from a game making perspective its a too difficult.

charizard is part flying type...dig shouldnt hit it at all

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Yea no sturdy for magnazone, sturdys bad for competitive use since Magnetic pull keeps a pokemon from switching out which is why i have it on him. But in any other case it has enough bulkiness to take some hits if it werent against a fire type.

yea but it doesnt mean charizard has levitate. Dig only will not work if they are actually off the ground.

Why are you thinking about catching a rock type when you have the option of training 3 water type pokemon... And since your magnezone doesn't do anything for this fight anyway just replace it with a level 15 magnamite/sturdy/thunder wave