The design of the WQ system is broken and unfair.

Unionjess

No matter how you slice it, even if the times of the WQ rotate every month as a mod in-game suggested, there's always going to end up being people who miss out. Be it sleep, school, work or illness having a single set start and end time will end up unfair to at least a few time zones. 

The pool of available IV points is also significantly too low to allow a decent number of people to participate in the event, our WQ started in the middle of the night my time was over in 7 hours. the next one starts right when most people would be going to bed for work or school in the morning. At least half the player base didn't even have a chance to participate. It's also frustrating that the best place to hunt Gold's WQ Pokémon was locked behind a quest, once again giving an unfair advantage to certain players.

Suggested fixes:

1. Allow players to manually start the WQ at a time of their choosing within a 24 hour time period, give them a certain number of hours to reach a smaller IV pool.
  2. Expand the IV pool so it's more likely for the WQ to last the full 24 hours, thus giving everyone around the world a chance to participate.
  3. Host four separate WQ events through the day, every six hours. Do not allow people who have already participated in the WQ for the day to participate in a second one, again allowing everyone a chance to participate.

Also do not pick Pokémon whose best farming location or only repellable location is located behind a quest wall. If this is supposed to be a special event that only occurs 12 days of the year then everyone should have a chance to participate in it and be on equal footing.

I personally think that the third option is the best solution to the issue while still keeping the spirit of the old system in-tact.

Edited by UnionJess

i like the 24 hour design of it, like first come first served, it happens twice so it SHOULD be fair, however, this was proven false when the first world quest was made at one time, and the second one, only 4 hours earlier.

The first world quest, for me, GMT-4, started at 4 am, when it should've started at midnight, but walross was delayed, so it started at 4 am instead, when i'm fully sleeping. so i just planned on waiting what should've been 12 hours for the next one to evenly start, instead, the wait time was 20 hours, which meant it would be midnight for me now, and i'm not staying up for another 4 hours hunting a poke without a non MS repel.

And this is not just for me, practically all of america, except maybe west coast depending on their sleep times, would have gotten screwed over by this. south america as well would not have had the best times for it either. This is the only main problem i've noticed. I don't think 4 seperate ones is the solution, as sometimes it can take more than 6 hours to complete, 12 hours i think is more reasonable, two world quests, 12 hour time span for each one, people that already participated cannot do so anymore, i think would keep it more balanced.

The IV pool was already increased by about 50k ivs since the world quest initially started, increasing it even more doesn't have much of an effect, since it relies on luck of the hunt, making more IVs will mean the player has to hunt for longer, and hope to still get lucky while doing so and find more pokemon.

Edited by g3n3r4l

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

48h wont happen as they obvly don't want to give out too many tickets

this is why capping it at 1 ticket per wq makes it balanced

and yes ofc there would be multiple chars people getting their 1 ticket on each account but that has a cap too and those accounts usually have to have a certain story mode finished depending on the wq pokemon. Sometimes they even need MS for the best rarity (like repel feebas in jura cave)

slsgoi.png.387b78a551b3e2e0c09b364e56438d36.png