Game fly mechanic

Shadowskill

Hi, I am a 2015 player of Pokemon Revolution Online.
Over the past few years I have invited a lot of friends, family and other players to come and play this fun game.
Although they find it interesting at first, the only flaw they see not fit is the fly mechanic where they want fly from one town to another.
I understand you guys want to recycle pokedollar in game but my only suggestion is MAKE FLY WORK while charging players the same with train, ferry and other transportation devices.
If a player wants to travel from Kanto Cerulean to Johto Olivine then just charge them with the total expenses a train and/or ferry would.
Eg.
Fly Cerulean to Vermillion = Autocharge 2,500
Fly Sinnoh Eterna to Johto Violet City = Autocharge 20-25k
You can decide on the prices as long as fly can be used and PD would easily be used.

This long process of travelling has got to stop or we won't be able to bring new and more players in this game.
Every time I log in I just waste so much time travelling and not being able to quickly do what I want which makes me stop the game for months.

Some not all new players after they realize fly doesn't work stops playing.

it would put travel on such an easy level there would be no point in having anything else to travel with. even if it were to cost money. there are already fast ways to travel towards many different places, so i don't really know what "long process of travelling" you're talking about. if you go hunting, you run to get there, you escape rope to get back. and you use the pokecenter transports to move places, what's long about this, that would be simplified with fly?

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

On 5/29/2021 at 12:13 PM, g3n3r4l said:

it would put travel on such an easy level there would be no point in having anything else to travel with. even if it were to cost money. there are already fast ways to travel towards many different places, so i don't really know what "long process of travelling" you're talking about. if you go hunting, you run to get there, you escape rope to get back. and you use the pokecenter transports to move places, what's long about this, that would be simplified with fly?

Over the course of using escape rope to PC then going from PC to PC and then Region to region.
Those time spent travelling eating time where you can just fly from Kanto Viridian to Sinnoh Eterna.
Compute the time spent doing those with instant fly.
What do you not understand? 

I cant think of any MMO where travelling is not annoying to some extend. I think they found a decent balance for PRO. If anything, Id suggest to replace the hoenn transmat to be close to the entrance similar to how it is for all other regions. 

If your suggestion was added, I think it would have to be at least twice as expensive compared to normal travel. 

fly would just remove the point of the transport stations entirely, as i said, fly would make it incredibly easy, you could just travel anywhere without consequence and if you make a mistake, just go back, nothing to it. Overall, you can go across map instantaneously, there wouldn't be anything that would make travelling easier after this. It just points out who wants to have the easiest methods handed to them, rather than the ones who accept the tasks given

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif