Pikachu - opinion ?

Hello all,

As I recently started the game, I was thrilled to catch my first (and hopefully only!) Pikachu two days ago. I checked a few things about the "potential" of pokemons, and thought this one might be quite good, despite having an unfortunate decreased SPATK (can't have everything perfect right).

I would be interested in having an opinion from more experienced players, thanks!

Good game all :)

PikachuLove.png.1995b38f55b129d7e9a7d03fcb17ae22.png

It’s a really good pikachu, it doesn’t need spatk as Jolly is a viable nature for it aswell. It has a decent physical movepool as mentioned above! 

Nice catch and Goodluck training it 😉

• Checked/Done 1
Ozai_Banner__Umbreon.gif

You'd need a electroball and play it as Pikachu and not as Raichu and then you have a decent story mon. Stat wise its epic

• Checked/Done 1

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

Thanks for the enlightment, I'll check a few physical moveset then!

Just to clarify, I guess you mean light ball instead of electroball? And you think on the long run it would be more efficient to not evolve it as Raichu so as to keep the light ball item active? Looking at Raichu and Pikachu's base stats, it seems the small amount you gain on ATK and SPATK would be relatively low compared to the overall stats.

Last thing, what do you mean with "story mon" ? Pokemon that is mostly useful for the story part but less relevant for endgame purpose?

Thanks again 🙂

7 hours ago, BambiPiwa said:

Thanks for the enlightment, I'll check a few physical moveset then!

Just to clarify, I guess you mean light ball instead of electroball? And you think on the long run it would be more efficient to not evolve it as Raichu so as to keep the light ball item active? Looking at Raichu and Pikachu's base stats, it seems the small amount you gain on ATK and SPATK would be relatively low compared to the overall stats.

Last thing, what do you mean with "story mon" ? Pokemon that is mostly useful for the story part but less relevant for endgame purpose?

Thanks again 🙂

Ah sorry. Light Ball, yes.
It doubles Pikachus atk and spatk stat which is huge, its not just a small stat boost. As physical attacker you should outperform Raichu pretty quickly, but ofc you can also evolve it if you really want. Non evolved Pokemon take more exp as well, which might have a positive effeect.

Story mon - exactly.
Once you have done the story, in the end game, you will feel the desire to have more effective Pokemon for bosses and other stuff 😛

At the end of the day stuff doenst matter to much for the story, as you should have fun and the story is doable with almost eveything. In regards of the "potential" of Pokemon, Pikachu may be the better evo with a Physical set.

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L