Price and Rating Guide

Spacemuffin

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

124735 I think in your main post it would be helpful if you had an example of pricing and rating a Pokemon. I'm a bit confused about rating the IVs and an example would help me better understand.

Added my Taillow to the post as an example. DarkJester is working on a new potential rating system based off some of the posts here already. So lets see what happens.

The IV rating is off a system that Darkjester (and friends :Angry: but mainly Jester) is working with to figure a way of making it more fair. This sytem would allow for an accurate measure based on the stats of your pokemon to see how well it stands up, based purely on the stats and nothing more. This does not take into account the way you wish to use your pokemon or anything. It is just a pure number. :Grin:
Okay, basically the price based on probable potential. :Grin: Thank you.

Added my Taillow to the post as an example. DarkJester is working on a new potential rating system based off some of the posts here already. So lets see what happens.
Oh thank you so much! I get it now. I hope that the new changes for the rating system will turn out better this time :)

So this is a new formula to figure out rating.

[glow=red]Step 1.[/glow]

First, add up all the IV numbers that are 10 and above. If it's 31, only add to 30. Multiply result by 0.05.

[glow=red]Step 2.[/glow]

[glow=green]For IV's below 10[/glow] the formula is [glow=red](10-n) * 0.05[/glow]. N equals the respective IV number you're currently calculating. If you have multiple IV's below 10 you would need to do this process for how ever many IV's below 10.

[glow=red]Step 3.[/glow]

[glow=blue]For IV's of 31[/glow] the formula is [glow=red]0.10 * n[/glow]. N equals the number of IV's with 31.

[glow=red]Final Step[/glow]

Once you have done the above you will add use the following formula [glow=red]((Step1+Step3)-Step2)+Nature[/glow]. This will give you your Pokemon's rating.

[glow=green]Nature[/glow] is still rated as such:

If the boost in stat is advantageous stat the rating is increased by 0.75

If the decrease in stat is not necessary for the Pokemon it increase by 0.75

The nature rating goes both ways so if the nature is disadvantageous, there is no increase in points.

This concludes the new rating system which I put together based off the posts found in this thread thus far. Let me know what you think.

In the future with collaboration with the community there will be a rarity scale which will alter the price but it won't be added the the rating system. As such it would be unfair to catch a 6x31 IV Pokemon with everything favorable (true perfect Pokemon) only to have its rating being bad due to being a common Pigey. The rating system here is designed to rate your specific Pokemon within it's species. Rarity scale will add to that and then be used in conjunction with the rating system to formulate an accurate price based on the current PRO Economy on the servers Red and Blue.

~Dark Jester

PS. HUUUGE Thank you goes out to Spacemuffin for both his help on the formatting and helping me iron out the kinks. Tell me what you guys think so far.

How did you come up with these formulas? It has no relation to the power of a pokemon on a mathematical level.

Why does going from 30 to 31 in an IV double the rating contribution? That last point is a difference of 3.33% not 6.66%.

Why does my Gengar's rating go down when it has 0 in attack? Does having increased self damage from confusion make it more valuable?

Why is a Bold 0 31 0 31 31 31 Gyarados rated 5.4 rather than 0?

You can't just make up numbers and then try to use them to assign an objective valuation of pokemon.

124793 How did you come up with these formulas? It has no relation to the power of a pokemon on a mathematical level.

Why does going from 30 to 31 in an IV double the rating contribution? That last point is a difference of 3.33% not 6.66%.

Why does my Gengar's rating go down when it has 0 in attack? Does having increased self damage from confusion make it more valuable?

Why is a Bold 0 31 0 31 31 31 Gyarados rated 5.4 rather than 0?

You can't just make up numbers and then try to use them to assign an objective valuation of pokemon.

A) These formulas were created to assign a numerical rating on each individual pokemon and is directly influenced by a pokemons IV levels and POTENTIAL end level stats.

B) The transition from 30-31 is a BONUS point as it's a perfect IV score in that particular stat.

C) Your gengar's rating goes down when it has 1 (0 IV doesn't exist in PRO) funnily enough due to your first post in which you pointed out the different Gyarados scenarios. I since tweaked it and added a PENALTY to rating for low IV's.

D) That gyarados is rated like that as getting four 31 IVs is a ridiculous feat and regardless of the crap attack and speed, it still has perfect score everywhere else. Won't be useful at a competitive level which is why it's still only a 5.4 rating and not much higher.

E) I haven't made any numbers up, I took the values of each component and found a way to divide them all up evenly between 11.1 <---Perfect specimen. What each pokemon will be used for is irrelevant to the rating as that's up to the discretion of the user. Regardless of whether a gyarados has no attack or speed, or a charizard has low sp.def and low speed etc etc. The rating has to be a CULMINATION of each stat and nature.

Finally, if you have nothing constructive to add to this that may HELP me tweak it to get the perfect system for everyone to use, by all means don't add to it, but refrain from trying to tear it down as a lot of users may find it helpful.

~Dark Jester

Some suggetions from me, some might have already been posted:

1. Change the value you multiply, depending on main and secondary ivs. Example. 31spe/31spatk/15 on rest, gengar, is not the same as a 15spe/31spatk/31atk/15 on rest gengar. I just took the spatk ivs and put them on atk.

2. You have to consider taking the rarity chart, and depending on the category a pokemon is, change the value you use.

3. Maybe add another value for nature that is not either bad or good. such as brave nature on onix isntead of impish, or the neutural natures.

$. Also there should be a difference depending on the ability. Normal ability and skill link shellder have different rating and pricing.