Price and Rating Guide

Spacemuffin

Treat this post as if it were a game in [glow=red]Alpha or Pre-Alpha[/glow] this post is here to work out the kinks and make a better system. If players are just going to complain and say the system sucks without providing suggestions I suggest you just keep your post to yourself. As those types of posts are not productive in making the system better.

And also I agree with that 100%

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

124693 This is absurd and way overpriced.. You didn't even put into consideration the rarity of the mons and also I believe you overpriced a lot man.

EV training shouldn't just be a solid 50k, it depends, people spend days hunting to train the EV's on a mon.

EV training can be done in a few hours. I can train any pokemon to full ev's in less than 1 day "real life time."

As for the rarity of the monsters and the prices. I understand your frustration but could you give ideas or suggestions how to make it better? All I see is QQ and no PEW PEW "PEW PEW = suggestions".

I think the rating system is essentially fine (Minor tweaks).

Pricing should be influenced by rarity of pokemon, but in order to do that, a separate scale should be put in place to decided rarity of each pokemon. Is there any kind of guide for encounter rates so I can work out this scale and update the pricing scheme?

~DarkJester

Ps. The rating system should not include rarity as it would be unfair to have say a 31x6 IV pidgey with favorable nature (essentially the perfect version of pidgey) get knocked down in rating due to how common pidgey's are, hence the two different ratings/rankings.

I think it'd be great if this was worked out for maybe a base price for rarity, with maybe the stats and shiny costs being added onto it, and having more of an effect? I'm not sure how well that would work out, but I applaud you for trying! I'm new and have absolutely no idea for prices, I haven't sold a single pokemon yet because of that. Once finished, this should be a big help for new and old players alike! :y:

[float=left]

tR0NmnU.png[/float][float=right]1tOYk5M.gif[/float]

︿ ___ ︿

ฅ(❀ㅇㅅㅇ)ฅ

They/Them/Theirs

INFP

PM Friendly!

124713 I think it'd be great if this was worked out for maybe a base price for rarity, with maybe the stats and shiny costs being added onto it, and having more of an effect? I'm not sure how well that would work out, but I applaud you for trying! I'm new and have absolutely no idea for prices, I haven't sold a single pokemon yet because of that. Once finished, this should be a big help for new and old players alike! :y:

That is the idea behind this. Mainly to protect players like you from being scammed into buying a pokemon they though was great when it was bad. With a kind of foundation in which players can reference back towards as just a starting point is better than having no point to start at in general.

I wouldn't add a Price for rarity...why? Because the rarity is individual (there are some pokemon that are rare in Area A but common in Area B). And so is the price.

For a solid basic rate I like the first post and the price of 50k for full EV trained is okay I think, because I saw many daycare shops in this forum which offers a full EV training for 50k as well.

So I would say for basics (nature / IV / EV) the post of spacemuffin is good. Any additions like shiny, rare, good ability, etc. can be added with an individual price.

💜 No time/motivation to EV train your mons? Then come and check out my service shop 💜

124732 I wouldn't add a Price for rarity...why? Because the rarity is individual (there are some pokemon that are rare in Area A but common in Area B). And so is the price.

For a solid basic rate I like the first post and the price of 50k for full EV trained is okay I think, because I saw many daycare shops in this forum which offers a full EV training for 50k as well.

So I would say for basics (nature / IV / EV) the post of spacemuffin is good. Any additions like shiny, rare, good ability, etc. can be added with an individual price.

Thank you for the input. Any input you might have about the individual prices would be amazing.

124735 I think in your main post it would be helpful if you had an example of pricing and rating a Pokemon. I'm a bit confused about rating the IVs and an example would help me better understand.

The IV rating is off a system that Darkjester (and friends :Angry: but mainly Jester) is working with to figure a way of making it more fair. This sytem would allow for an accurate measure based on the stats of your pokemon to see how well it stands up, based purely on the stats and nothing more. This does not take into account the way you wish to use your pokemon or anything. It is just a pure number. :Grin: