PRO crashes on startup

Gr8alexander

I don't know the exact format of how to do this and couldn't find something that gave the format, if I overlooked it I'm sorry.

Whenever I startup PRO on my laptop (Windows 7 64bit, 2.1GHz processor, 6GB RAM, Intel graphics) the game crashes before reaching the login screen. I don't get an error message from PRO, however I do get one from windows. Screenshot attached. Best I could tell I meet the required specs, I checked my drivers, I tried compatibility mode, I scanned and cleaned my computer, added it as a firewall exception, and I have directX installed.

unknown.png

4 hours ago, Gr8Alexander said:

I don't know the exact format of how to do this and couldn't find something that gave the format, if I overlooked it I'm sorry.

Whenever I startup PRO on my laptop (Windows 7 64bit, 2.1GHz processor, 6GB RAM, Intel graphics) the game crashes before reaching the login screen. I don't get an error message from PRO, however I do get one from windows. Screenshot attached. Best I could tell I meet the required specs, I checked my drivers, I tried compatibility mode, I scanned and cleaned my computer, added it as a firewall exception, and I have directX installed.

Hey there!

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
The issue might be caused because of your windows version and overall old hardware.
I'm not entirely sure if this will work for you, but please give it a try.

Create a shortcut for the PROclient.exe file by right clicking the application and select "create shortcut".
After this, right click the shortcut and add the parameters -force-glcore into the Target as in the screenshot shown below.
Make sure to add a space between .exe and -force.

Here is a visual help. If the option doesn't work for you, please -force-d3d11 or -force-opengl instead of -force-glcore.

Spoiler

d6b6bc290427a88bdc5d.png?width=327&height=474

Kind regards,
Exotyc

20210327_164619.gif.f1ca1cea8a9d78e45a12587c95d40570.gif

【 General Support ✘ Bug Resolution CenterComplaints Area ✘ Report Center 】

Please do not contact staff members for private support.

Share your questions on the forums, as they can then be of use to others.

2 hours ago, Exotyc said:

Hey there!

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
The issue might be caused because of your windows version and overall old hardware.
I'm not entirely sure if this will work for you, but please give it a try.

Create a shortcut for the PROclient.exe file by right clicking the application and select "create shortcut".
After this, right click the shortcut and add the parameters -force-glcore into the Target as in the screenshot shown below.
Make sure to add a space between .exe and -force.

Here is a visual help. If the option doesn't work for you, please -force-d3d11 or -force-opengl instead of -force-glcore.

Reveal hidden contents

d6b6bc290427a88bdc5d.png?width=327&height=474

Kind regards,
Exotyc

I upgraded the ole laptop to windows 10 finally, and PRO worked right away. Thanks for your help, probably would have tried a million other things first if you hadn't said the outdated OS might be the issue

21 hours ago, Gr8Alexander said:

I upgraded the ole laptop to windows 10 finally, and PRO worked right away. Thanks for your help, probably would have tried a million other things first if you hadn't said the outdated OS might be the issue

I'm glad to hear that you solved your issue!
I'll lock this thread as resolved.
Have a nice day.

20210327_164619.gif.f1ca1cea8a9d78e45a12587c95d40570.gif

【 General Support ✘ Bug Resolution CenterComplaints Area ✘ Report Center 】

Please do not contact staff members for private support.

Share your questions on the forums, as they can then be of use to others.

• Exotyc locked this topic