Grinding for the Elite Four

Gehrman

Don't sit here and tell me, "everyone else did it, start grinding", because that's bad game design and planning.

Don't tell me to "go play another game or stop complaining". I want PRO to be the best that no one ever was.

I care, I've got 50 hours sunk in already and have donated probably $30-$40 USD in my first week.

Honestly, finding it hard to care to continue as my Pokemon team ranges from 56-71 I've no choice but to grind on level 40-43 wild Pokemon --70% are Geodudes-- for the Elite Four; which seem to consist of level 80-85.. :n:

My solution:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Add a "basement" floor to the Cinnabar Mansion or Seafoam Islands, and the same for Victory Road. And please, for the love of Mew, don't put Geodudes and Gravelers with Sturdy down there. :y:

Give us another spot to train at; level 50-60 wild Pokemon, please. You're going to lock my Pokemon away from me anyways once I go to Johto. Let me go out with a bang. :thanks:

"Tonight... Gehrman joins the hunt...."

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly my pokemon were terrible when I got to MewTwo a couple of days ago. I cant beat him so I have to now re grind a whole new set of pokemon to level 60 to beat him. No trainers and gyms to help with the exp, just straight wild pokemon grinding. I hate it :/ but ive donated money on this account so I dont see me making a new one. I'll feel your pain pretty soon when I get done OP. Its lame but I love this game.

What do u expect from mmo's? They are always about grinding/time investment or p2w (which is worse). Where is the challenge if u get all for nothing?

FYI:

- have u considered lvling in seafoam b4f?

- Did u evo your pokes? Base pokemons need less XP to lvl up

- lvl 60 are the pokemons at the best lvl spot right now (Cerulean Cave). Getting to lvl 100 is pretty easy there

- u get your kanto pokes back after u finished 8th gym in johto --> u can use them for johto e4

edit:

- u will appreciate the grinded money because u need 200k for dragon club in johto

I agree some of the grinding can be a bit tedious, i don't see why just because a lot of mmo's include grinding that means you should always follow that formula. Grinding can be good in a game if it's fun grinding. Bashing a button on lower level pokemon watching that blue bar slowly crawl forward isn't fun grinding. They could have allowed us easier leveling if they had put other challenges or obstacles in the game, or at the very least give us other ways to earn exp besides beating pokemon 10-20 levels lower than you.

• Like 1
Z519Oj9.png

125892 Honestly my pokemon were terrible when I got to MewTwo a couple of days ago. I cant beat him so I have to now re grind a whole new set of pokemon to level 60 to beat him. No trainers and gyms to help with the exp, just straight wild pokemon grinding. I hate it :/ but ive donated money on this account so I dont see me making a new one. I'll feel your pain pretty soon when I get done OP. Its lame but I love this game.

the mewtwo is easy with a decent slowbro lvl 50 with amnesia and slack off, beat it in my first try with only that :)

ayylmao

125871 Don't sit here and tell me, "everyone else did it, start grinding", because that's bad game design and planning.

Don't tell me to "go play another game or stop complaining". I want PRO to be the best that no one ever was.

I care, I've got 50 hours sunk in already and have donated probably $30-$40 USD in my first week.

Honestly, finding it hard to care to continue as my Pokemon team ranges from 56-71 I've no choice but to grind on level 40-43 wild Pokemon --70% are Geodudes-- for the Elite Four; which seem to consist of level 80-85.. :n:

Give us another spot to train at; level 50-60 wild Pokemon, please. You're going to lock my Pokemon away from me anyways once I go to Johto. Let me go out with a bang. :thanks:

i kinda agree with this, but making the pokemon higher levels will mess with "end game" areas and the pokemon levels there. The sturdy is extremely annoying there but i still enjoyed the grind, also you can level up some decent poke and buy 2ish high level pokemon from people :) hope you beat it soon and dont give up :p

ayylmao

I agree with you OP but most people on this forums are selfish and don't care about new players so they don't want the devs to spend time fixing it.

This is the problem:

1)Evolved pokemon take more XP to level. Once you have a team at max level it is easy to power level any other pokemon you want to 100 while unevolved, so this only punishes new players.

2)There are no areas that have equal levle wild pokemon when you are progressing through the story. You are always fighting stuff 10-20 levels below you.

3)They changed the forumla for how much XP a wild pokemon gives so it follows an x^2 relationship to level rather than a linear relationship. So in a real pokemon game a level 20 Rattata gives twice as much XP as a level 10 Rattata, but in this game you get 4 times as much XP. Add on top of that the reduced XP for fighting lower level pokemon from Gen 5 and it's no wonder everything is so grindy when they force you to fight low level pokemon.

Anyone who defends the current system either doesn't understand how it works or just wants it to stay like this so they can exploit it to get ahead of other players. XP in this game needs a complete overhaul, it's the biggest problem the game has.

• Like 1

126202 I agree with you OP but most people on this forums are selfish and don't care about new players so they don't want the devs to spend time fixing it.

This is the problem:

1)Evolved pokemon take more XP to level. Once you have a team at max level it is easy to power level any other pokemon you want to 100 while unevolved, so this only punishes new players.

2)There are no areas that have equal levle wild pokemon when you are progressing through the story. You are always fighting stuff 10-20 levels below you.

3)They changed the forumla for how much XP a wild pokemon gives so it follows an x^2 relationship to level rather than a linear relationship. So in a real pokemon game a level 20 Rattata gives twice as much XP as a level 10 Rattata, but in this game you get 4 times as much XP. Add on top of that the reduced XP for fighting lower level pokemon from Gen 5 and it's no wonder everything is so grindy when they force you to fight low level pokemon.

Anyone who defends the current system either doesn't understand how it works or just wants it to stay like this so they can exploit it to get ahead of other players. XP in this game needs a complete overhaul, it's the biggest problem the game has.

I hate the xp system too, but what can we do about it. The game is supposed to be hard in their eyes and fly isnt even useable outside of the battle. Using fly to get from place to place isnt making the game hard, removing that feature makes the game slower and less enjoyable. Unfortunately, we all know they will never overhaul the exp system.

2przbrr.jpg