Grinding for the Elite Four

Gehrman

aah i started in johto now! so far only 1 badge. so im curious what that E4 will bring. already looking for pokemon with right natures to put in the box and use for that E4.. not totally sure or a clue yet what i want to use ! :) but i think i have to overlevel more this time :P

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed that people miss use items and moves a lot which is main reason they cant get pass a gym, they use wrong move set on pokemons (surf on gyarados etc) they also use full restores when they attack last on the turn and the enemy deals over 50% of your max hp with one hit (this is pointless you die anyways) bad switch ins (they dont know typing of the enemy pokemon and get one shot) and many more newbie mistakes which could be avoided by using google and reading about it for 5 mins

I rather read about subject for 5 mins than waste 10 hours covering up my mistakes in the past

If you played pokemon blue and silver you dont rly need to grind at all you can faceroll whole storymode with typing and few move/ability abuses, just ask for help before you waste your time with shitty pokemons, after you completed the game you can level w/e you want but in storymode oyu should focus on making a team to complete all gyms and e4 with no problem.

I have seen so many newbies arguing how X pokemon is good and you can train it but 3 days later the same players cry how the game is too hard and they get stuck in gyms, and I'm sitting here like maybe listen what you are told and dont argue if you dont know what you are talking about.

Only problem is find in this game is the rng like crit change, I often VERY OFTEN find my self getting critted on like 5 times in row, but so far I have never critted even twice in row on main games even when I spent like 10x more playtime on them.

Playing mainly on 2nd charecter "PikaManiac" if you want to contact me msg this account and that account

133258 Ye I found the first 8 badges rather easy, apart from Sabrina, she was HORRIBLE. I could not beat her for like 10 tries until someone said to take a dark move/pokemon. And then she so easy. Ye they would be with those levels but good job. I had 90s when I done it so was really easy. Johto E4 was SO hard for me. :( only done it yesterday. Just.

there is always a trick to hard npc's/gyms/e4. I used a single butterfree with compound eyes+quiver dance+bugg buzz+psybeam and one hyper potion.

a lot of players just undervalue gameknowlegde. Than they get mad because they need to invest money or time to compensate it.

I dont see why is it so complicated about grinding? I found no dificulties about grinding my pokes to 80 at victory... Yeah it took me some time, but the game is not supposed to be easy or fast paced(its an mmo) it is supposed to take some time ^^ but once you pass elite 4, you will get to jhoto and once you get to the 8th gym you unlock dragon den and the exp is much better in there and that makes it much easier to lvl up... And what bothers me the most is that the guy who made this post mentions that he donated money so presuming he has membership i cannot imagine why is it so hard to grind when he has 50% exp boost... I did all that with no boost and only bought the medallion when i got 150k, all my pokes were around 78/79 when i did that so i basicly trained there with no boost at all and didnt find many dificulties... I just dont get it ^^ And the worst part is that the admins/gms will also listen to the ppl who cries about how hard is the grinding and will make some changes at victory road cap lvl.

The EXP system is fine, the main problem is due to the wild Pokemon levels, they don't scale up properly as you progress the story. This makes levelling a lower level newly tamed Pokemon difficult, for example you could be level facing a level 50 gym leader but the highest level wild Pokemon you will face are about 30, this makes leveling a newly tamed Pokemon from level 30-50 tedious. If the wild Pokemon scaled per map to match the levels of the gym leaders it would be a faster levelling process.