Suggestion for Nicknaming Pokemon...

Kyramei

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

128349 Is there a way for the person to save the nickname data only on their own computer? Like, if see Pokemon number 12345 change Bulbasaur to Treestar or something?

I like this idea! This would mean no additional data usage for the game itself. Maybe it could be an optional downloadable add-on to the game or something.

The only downside is that it might apply to all Pokemon of the same kind? Unless each Pokemon has its own unique ID number or something I don't know about??

127329 That's why I suggested setting up nicknames the way I did; if no one else can see what a player named their Pokemon, there would be little need for moderation (although I totally understand wanting to keep those loopholes closed; I've received some pretty lame named Pokemon through Wonder Trade on my X version).

I forgot that trading is a thing we can do on PRO, so I make this amendment: Nicknamed Pokemon should be untradeable, thus forcing the trainer to remove the name before being able to trade it. This would avoid having players receive inappropriately named Pokemon.

Or.. Make it to where once the Pokemon is traded over, it loses it's nickname and the name reverts to normal.

Also, possibly a toggable option to where other players could see your Pokemon's nickname when they'd hover over their real name? I understand that many nicknames would be offensive and such, but that's why it'd be toggable.. If you don't wanna see such nicknames or any at all, don't toggle the option, simple.

127325 I only approved this post to say: No

There would too many loopholes players could jump through when creating names for pokemon, creating ones that would evade any filter set in place. and would be difficult to moderate.

So, wont happen. sorry

I agree wholeheartedly with this, but why not have a nicknaming system where the nickname is only visible to the person who nicknamed the pokemon? This removes the possibility of scams and offensive names while allowing us to personalize and organize our pokemon.

127371 To be honest I would really like to give nicknames to my pokes. It is something I really enjoy in every pokemon game.

If only I can see it, there should not be problems with inappropriate language, and I really doubt that it would use a lot of database (its not more than 10 letters per poke, storing the ivs and evs cannot be much less than that, and there would not be more than 10 named pokes per player in mean).

Ever think about PvP? :p That is where the other person could see it.

There would too many loopholes players could jump through when creating names for pokemon, creating ones that would evade any filter set in place. and would be difficult to moderate.

So, wont happen. sorry

I agree wholeheartedly with this, but why not have a nicknaming system where the nickname is only visible to the person who nicknamed the pokemon? This removes the possibility of scams and offensive names while allowing us to personalize and organize our pokemon.

What will happen once you try trading that Pokie that was named? And how is naming a Poke considered a scam? o,O

So, wont happen. sorry

What will happen once you try trading that Pokie that was named? And how is naming a Poke considered a scam? o,O

If you named the pokemon the nickname was only visible to you, and to them it would be the pokemon's original name-- you could potentially scam inexperienced players if named your ditto goomy and tried to pass it off as a more valuable pokemon

If you named the pokemon the nickname was only visible to you, and to them it would be the pokemon's original name-- you could potentially scam inexperienced players if named your ditto goomy and tried to pass it off as a more valuable pokemon

well.. this is really not the case you can see what pokemon is in the trade (you see the sprite of the pokemon just as it walks behind you basicly) so you can't trade off a ditto for a Goomy in that regard because the sprites look diffrent from each other in the trade so if you have a little knowledge about pokemon and how they look you see the diffrence

Uh, you do realize when trading you can click on the Pokie and see the picture of it and it's stats right? And I'm pretty sure if you link the Pokie in trade chat it'll show as the Pokie's original name. Besides that you need four Gym badges to be able to trade for the first time. By then I think they should be more experienced. If everyone else couldn't see the name then how could people get scammed in the first place? Overall like Arnie said "and would be difficult to moderate" It might also be hard to create code to where you and only you can see the Pokie's name that you named it and no one else. :p I might not be possible who knows :p