Hidden Abilities and how rare they are

Guest Laedus

Guest Laedus

I'm hunting a Nidoran M, with Hustle, after 30 Nidorans not a single one has it.

My chances of getting a Nidoran M, Timid Nature, Descent IV and has Hustle is almost non-existent. :Frown:

Since you can't breed nor encounter hordes I think they should raise the chances of getting one. I mean if it's 5%, getting one with the right Nature and Descent EV is so low it's not even worth hunting Pokemons that rely heavily on their Hidden Ability. A good example of this would be Nidoking.

Guest Laedus
127442 I'm hunting a Nidoran M, with Hustle, after 30 Nidorans not a single one has it.

My chances of getting a Nidoran M, Timid Nature, Descent IV and has Hustle is almost non-existent. :Frown:

You have 5% to get hidden ability

I must be extremely unlucky then, cause after 30 now 38 Nidoran M, not a single one has it.

I think they should raise the chances of getting one. I mean if it's 5%, getting one with the right Nature and Descent EV is so low it's not even worth hunting Pokemons that rely heavily on their Hidden Ability. A good example of this would be Nidoking.

theyre hidden abilities for that very reason

the rate wont change. the rarity is what makes it special.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Guest Laedus
127463 theyre hidden abilities for that very reason

I do understand that they are suppose to be rare, but at its current state getting a descent one is not even worth it. I believe they were made like that in the hand held version because you can breed Pokemons there, as well as encounter hordes. So if you give it enough time you'll eventually get one with your desired Nature and IV. No one even sells a descent Nidoking or any Pokemon that relies heavily on their Hidden Ability.

Don't you think they are unreasonably hard to acquire for an OK performance? They are not even that special in terms of power. So there's just no reason to hunt them.

No wonder the Trade chat is filled with Magikarp and Ghastly.

127463 theyre hidden abilities for that very reason

I do understand that they are suppose to be rare, but at its current state getting a descent one is not even worth it. I believe they were made like that in the hand held version because you can breed Pokemons there, as well as encounter hordes. So if you give it enough time you'll eventually get one. No one even sells a descent Nidoking or any Pokemon that relies heavily on their Hidden Ability.

Don't you think they are unreasonably hard to acquire for an OK performance? They are not even that special in terms of power. So there's just no reason to hunt them.

Maybe I should just hunt for Magikarp and Ghastly like everyone.

You wrong... I am selling almost is hidden ability decent poke. Did u completed story process? If yes, I can hint you how to catch it easier. Feel free to PM me ^^