Auction rules

Pitroipa

Hello, Why are actually fake offer at auctions not punished with fines? Every time you start an auction, then comes a fake offer or someone "misread" and all you get is "just do it again from the beginning". That costs a lot of work and time. I think fake offer should pay at least 10-20% of the purchase price as a penalty, but there is also a maximum so that it is not too excessive and someone goes totally broke.

Pretty sure fake offering players get punished with mutes/trade/game bans. I have been an auctioneer and participant of auctions as a bidder and I don't think auctions have ever been "just do it again from theh beginning". They generally go on with regular end date, and the top bidder prior to the fake offer is the lead bidder. I don't think it is necessary to tax a fake bidder, the current disciplinary policy for trade/auctions is fine as it is. 

eevo.gif.88d014eddc516ba802b8acd79ad33113.gif

13 minutes ago, Seoulmate said:

Pretty sure fake offering players get punished with mutes/trade/game bans. I have been an auctioneer and participant of auctions as a bidder and I don't think auctions have ever been "just do it again from theh beginning". They generally go on with regular end date, and the top bidder prior to the fake offer is the lead bidder. I don't think it is necessary to tax a fake bidder, the current disciplinary policy for trade/auctions is fine as it is. 

well, if a random player is banned, what does that do for the seller? exactly, nothing. And I have been told many times to just repeat the auction. I would not write it, if it had not happened many times

Edited by Pitroipa

Why does everything have to revolve around you? There are many players in PRO, we all deal with fake bidders/offers all the time, but we don't ask for money just because it happens... As an auctioneer you are agreeing to PRO trade policies and accept that matters like these can happen, I don't think it warrants a tax on players if they "accidently" bid/offer. If they are trolling then banning them is enough because most trolls don't have money to give, taxes would do nothing lol, and it just adds on more things mods have to take care of which slows down their rate of resolving other player issues. Also making auction posts do not take much time/effort, I have seen many players copy my auction formats for theirs and that takes like 1 minute, and then another few minutes to edit my format to match their needs/advertisement. 

eevo.gif.88d014eddc516ba802b8acd79ad33113.gif