Whine about Hidden Abilities

Guest Laedus

Guest Laedus

Whine

Holy crap man.

No seriously, hunting for a Pokemon with Hidden Ability is ridiculously hard.

I have slaughtered like over 200+ Nidorino/Nidoran M by now and I have yet to find a Nidoran/Nidorino with Hustle.

Now I know that they are suppose to be rare, but seriously. If I ever find one, it's not even a guarantee that he's going to have the IV and Nature I want. This is ridiculous.

I can't even find a single person who sells a Nidorino/Nidoran M with Hustle how much more if I'm looking for Nidoran M/Nidorino with Hustle, Nature and IV I desire. The Trade chat is just flooded with Gastly, Magikarps, Dratini their evolutions and loads of bad overpriced pokemons(bad nature+bad iv).

Problem

You guys are limiting the variety of competitive Pokemons by doing this. Most Pokemons that rely on their Hidden Abilities are not even that powerful to begin with. You can't make a Pokemon rare for the sake of being rare that role is already fulfilled by Shiny Pokemons, no one would hunt for them making them obsolete in Competitive. Seriously try to check the Market and almost everyone is just hunting for Gastlys and Magikarps.

You might say, but it's the same in Hand held games... No it's not the same because you can encounter Hordes and breed Pokemons in hand held games thus you'd be able to acquire the Pokemons with the iv/nature you want given enough time. Here, I can't even find a Pokemon w/ Hidden Ability, let alone a good Pokemon w/ Hidden Ability.

I have no Problem with not being able to breed as hunting for Nature+good IV is reasonable. But hunting for Good IV+Good Nature+Hidden Ability is almost a suicide, not everyone can sit in front of their computers 24/7. Trust me I hunt Gastlys and Magikarp for a living in this game, so I know I'm more patient than most people.

My Offered Solution

Rise the % of Hidden Ability to around 10% so at least 1 in every 10. That would make it reasonable enough to look for a Pokemon with Hidden Ability+Nature you desire+Good IV.

OR

Some Ability Guru can change the Ability of your Pokemon, but they must be level 100 and it would cost 200k+ Pokedollars or even a Cash Shop item that is tradable so it's not Pay to Win.

Positive Outcome

This would widen the list of Competitive Pokemons on the Market. Not just Gengar/Gyarados with almost Perfect IV's.

/End Rant

Guest Laedus
129506 PRO devs have only played Korean MMO's I guess

I know right, I'm not even going to talk about Rare Pokemons that rely heavily on their Hidden Abilities. OH GOD, I don't want to think about it.

129504 Whine

Holy [Censored] man.

No seriously, hunting for a Pokemon with Hidden Ability is ridiculously hard.

I have slaughtered like over 200+ Nidorino/Nidoran M by now and I have yet to find a Nidoran/Nidorino with Hustle.

Now I know that they are suppose to be rare, but seriously. If I ever find one, it's not even a guarantee that he's going to have the IV and Nature I want. This is ridiculous.

I can't even find a single person who sells a Nidorino/Nidoran M with Hustle how much more if I'm looking for Nidoran M/Nidorino with Hustle, Nature and IV I desire. The Trade chat is just flooded with Gastly, Magikarps, Dratini their evolutions and loads of bad overpriced pokemons(bad nature+bad iv).

Problem

You guys are limiting the variety of competitive Pokemons by doing this. Most Pokemons that rely on their Hidden Abilities are not even that powerful to begin with. You can't make a Pokemon rare for the sake of being rare that role is already fulfilled by Shiny Pokemons, no one would hunt for them making them obsolete in Competitive. Seriously try to check the Market and almost everyone is just hunting for Gastlys and Magikarps.

You might say, but it's the same in Hand held games... No it's not the same because you can encounter Hordes and breed Pokemons in hand held games thus you'd be able to acquire the Pokemons with the iv/nature you want given enough time. Here, I can't even find a Pokemon w/ Hidden Ability, let alone a good Pokemon w/ Hidden Ability.

I have no Problem with not being able to breed as hunting for Nature+good IV is reasonable. But hunting for Good IV+Good Nature+Hidden Ability is almost a suicide, not everyone can sit in front of their computers 24/7. Trust me I hunt Gastlys and Magikarp for a living in this game, so I know I'm more patient than most people.

My Offered Solution

Rise the % of Hidden Ability to around 10% so at least 1 in every 10. That would make it reasonable enough to look for a Pokemon with Hidden Ability+Nature you desire+Good IV.

OR

Some Ability Guru can change the Ability of your Pokemon, but they must be level 100 and it would cost 200k+ Pokedollars or even a Cash Shop item that is tradable so it's not Pay to Win.

Positive Outcome

This would widen the list of Competitive Pokemons on the Market. Not just Gengar/Gyarados with almost Perfect IV's.

/End Rant

hi, the reason for not many sellers don't sell nido, and only sell karp/gastly is the usage of pokemon. Not by rare or not, because karp/gastly can be easily to selll for pvp and pve. However, nido is less usage in pvp, and hard to sell for big price. That's the reason for your said above. Even you rise the rate of ability. Everyone will still not sell it only by this :Grin:

Hustle won't be working till evasion is coded, just for information.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Guest Laedus
129515 short answer: No, it wont be changed

This is not to attack you or anything but your close mindedness makes me think twice about this game. Because you don't even care to explain why.

Guest Laedus
129517 Hustle won't be working till evasion is coded, just for information.

I'm not specifically talking about Nidoran, this goes for all Pokemons that rely on their hidden abilities.

Guest Laedus
129511 hi, the reason for not many sellers don't sell nido, and only sell karp/gastly is the usage of pokemon. Not by rare or not, because karp/gastly can be easily to selll for pvp and pve. However, nido is less usage in pvp, and hard to sell for big price. That's the reason for your said above. Even you rise the rate of ability. Everyone will still not sell it only by this

I'm not specifically talking about Nido, any Pokemon that relies heavily on Hidden Ability is a suicide to hunt, so why would people hunt them when they can hunt Gastly and Gyarados which is as you said has high usage and a very reliable Pokemon. I personally hunt for Gastlys and Magikarps too, because it's easy to hunt them all you need is Timid +good spd and spa, they are Uber Pokemons, so it's the most logical thing to do.

129511 hi, the reason for not many sellers don't sell nido, and only sell karp/gastly is the usage of pokemon. Not by rare or not, because karp/gastly can be easily to selll for pvp and pve. However, nido is less usage in pvp, and hard to sell for big price. That's the reason for your said above. Even you rise the rate of ability. Everyone will still not sell it only by this

I'm not specifically talking about Nido, any Pokemon that relies heavily on Hidden Ability is a suicide to hunt, so why would people hunt them when they can hunt Gastly and Gyarados which is as you said has high usage and is much more easier to hunt. I personally hunt for Gastly and Magikarps too, because they are the easiest to hunt. They don't require the hidden ability, they are Uber Pokemons. So it's the most logical thing to do.

I don't no why u hard to hunt h.a for example, I can hunt the tentacool h.a decent only spend 1hours if I luck, the problem is only the decent iv, not the h.a ability. And if u think it hard, u can pay for hunt service from players

And tentacool is best when using h.a bolt tank, rely to h.a than others abi