E4, what am I doing wrong?

Nexanda

Ok I'm going to give you everything, and tell me please where I am going wrong because everyone is telling me I should have no problem sweeping the E4 johto with the pokemon I have and yet I can not get past the first 2 E4 trainers.

Gengar; Level 100; Nature Mild

Moves: Hex, Dark Pulse, Thunbolt, Shadow ball

This CAN NOT 1 Hit KO Bronzorg with a SE Shadow Ball even with a 387 SPATK Stat (IV = 24 EV = 252)

Raichu; Level 100; Nature Timid

Moves: ThunderBolt, Discharge, EletroBall and Dig

Alakazam Level 100; Nature Adamant

Moves Psychic, Confusion, PSycho Cut, Psybeam

Still slow against 90% of the first two E4 Members even with a Speed Stats of 309 (IV =15 EV = 196)

Gyarados; Level 96; Nature Lonely

Dragon Dance, Ice Beam, Crunch, Surf

Even with x6 DD's it DOES NOT 1 Hit KO Anything, even with an Attack Stat of 305 (IV = 24 EV = 44 + a +Nature to attack)

Arcanine; Level 94;

Thunder Fang, Crunch, Flame Wheel, Flamethrower ((This is mostly revives / heal Fodder ))

Clefable; Level 100; Nature Docile (Netural)

Meteor Mash, Gravity, Moonblast, Moonlight

In addition to megaflygon,i'd recommend to check out this guide https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=8077

you can get a better insight of what pokemon they play out and therefor oriantate on the weakness of the enemy.

Edit: put moves like flamethrower and thunderbolt on clefable, if it's tanky it can easily suistain against most e4

322DjwW.png

All credit to Jaszie for creating the signature.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper

Forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Ah yeah but the thing is even with that there's so many different type coverages you can no chance to switch without fainting. Take the first E4 pokemon for example

Bronzong; Weak to: - Gengar here

Ground 2×

Ghost 2×

Fire 2×

Dark 2×

Venomoth; Weak to: - Alakazam needed here

Flying 2×

Rock 2×

Fire 2×

Psychic 2×

But I shall also look into that for Clefbale too

130255 Bronzong; Weak to: - Gengar here

Ground 2×

Ghost 2×

Fire 2×

Dark 2×

I can suggest using psychic instead of hex for gengar, it helps alot.

Edit: Gyarados also has a moveset that doens't really fit to a physical attacker, instead of icebeam use ice fang and instead of surf aqua tail (that one is optional), only crunch is affected by the dragon dance buff

322DjwW.png

All credit to Jaszie for creating the signature.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper

Forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

OK!

Gengar - Hex - Psychic

Gyarados - Surf - Ice Fang (TO help with the buff)

Clefable - Gravity - Flamethrower ((That might help a little more I have 2 pokemon already with Eletric moves and I want to keep a healing move on her))

gyarados needs aqua tail, not surf.

basically what i see here is that youve put a bunch of moves on pokemon that dont suit the moveset.

Alakazam has a really poor attack stat, so psycho cut is useless. Replace with recover, doesnt need confusion and psybeam, replace with seismic toss and psyshock. it also has the completely wrong nature. basically the Kazam is trash.

Gyarados is a physical pokemon, u have special attack based moves on him (gyarados SPATK is weak as hell) that is why u have no power.

Clefable is dependant on the way it is set up. Its moveset can either be physical, or special. not both. Moonblast is its best special based move clefable can learn, so thats good. i would also stick Cosmic Power on it, and fire blast/flamethrower instead of meteor mash and gravity.

Raichu is also set up weirdly. If its a starter pikachu that evolved into raichu, get it taught surf, get rid of electro ball.

Gengar is OK, just need to replace hex with something better, like psychic

I beat E4 with a Gyarados, Arcanine and a Persian, all around lvl 80. As long as theyre set up optimally, it doesn't matter what you have

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.