How to hunt Beldum + other pokemon whose PP may run out quickly and faint themselves

Bhimoso

Continuing B0t's How to hunt Beldum Guide, I had already talked with other players about strats to use after the PP Limit was implemented into Wild Battles.

After much consideration, we found the perfect pokemon (or almost perfect because Bestow isn't coded yet): Exeggcute and Exeggutor!

So, what's the current situation? Well, wild pokemon now have limited PP. This means that we can PP stall them, whether intentionally or not. Thus, Beldum are now harder than ever to hunt. Beldum has only 20 PP in the move Take Down. After 20 PP it will now Struggle. If we False Swipe it to 1 HP, it will unfortunately faint. So, how do we work around this? Well, we had talked and there was two alternatives.

The first alternative would be to use a Heal Pulse - Super Fang - Glare Smeargle and to keep healing it while we spam pokeballs. However, this would take obnoxiously long. So, we found a better method.

meta.png.dc0544479637ba8a1520ba2c7bbf1184.png

I present to you, the Exeppcute method.

exegg.png.53936800970d91632d41e29d75605f7c.png

The exeppcute method uses the following moves and strategies:

Exeggcute with the ability Harvest, equipped with a Leppa Berry. This pokemon should know the moves Skill Swap (Resort Area Tutor), Stun Spore and Bestow (these 2 are via level up).

^Big note here: Currently, Bestow is not coded. However, when it gets coded, the second step (any other pokemon with Trick or Switcheroo) will be unnecessary and you'll only need Exeggcute + a False Swiper.

Any pokemon with the moves Trick or Switcheroo + a Leppa Berry.

A Ghost Type false swiper.

Optionally, a pokemon with the move Glare. (This move has 100% accuracy and cannot be blocked by any means).

Exeggcute can be farmed anywhere, you only need a Harvest one (5% chance without Black Medallion), it's a very common pokemon. It's easy to get in Pinkan Island. The Resort Area is accessible after you beat the Elite 4. A Ghost Type false swiper can be found in Nincada's evo, Shedinja, or Honedge and its evos. Any trash one works. Same goes for your Trick Pokemon, it can be any!

We will equip Exeggcute and our Tricker with a Leppa Berry. We will find the wild Beldum (for example).

We will immediately switch to Exeggcute (if we are repel tricking). We will use Skill Swap and we will give it the ability Harvest. Harvest is an ability that restores a consumable item onto a wild pokemon. For example, we can Bestow, Trick or Switcheroo a consumable Leppa Berry onto a wild Beldum. When the Beldum reaches 0 Take Down PP, it will consume the Leppa Berry. Afterwards, the ability Harvest will automatically regenerate that Leppa Berry. After Beldum consumes 10 more PP and goes to 0 PP again, it will consume the new Leppa Berry and generate a new one. With this technique, Beldum now has infinite PP! Now it cannot struggle itself to death.

After we have Skill Swapped Harvest, we will use Stun Spore to paralyse it. Now, we have 2 options:

-If the move Bestow is coded, we will use Bestow and give the Beldum a Leppa Berry. If not, we will switch to any Trick/Switcheroo pokemon and give it a Leppa Berry.

-Afterwards, we will switch to a Ghost Type False Swiper. I recommend you use Honedge or any evos for this method. (Shedinja also works). The level does not matter because Beldum will never be able to damage us and Beldum will be stuck in a permanent battle where it cannot faint itself.

False swipe the Beldum until it's at 1 HP. Now, spam pokeballs while it keeps spamming Take Down for no damage and eating and recycling infinite Leppa Berries!

Here's a showcase on how the trick works. Note that this was recorded vs my other account, but the method works in Wild Battles too. This is just an example so you can understand how the cycle is infinite. I will also record it in a Wild Battle later on.

Have fun! This method works against ANY wild pokemon. If you ever were struggling to hunt something, there's your chance!

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!