Staff

Purple

Hey, this isn't really as much of a suggestion as opposed to advice, but I felt like I needed to share.

Don't get me wrong, I know it's important for staff members to connect to the community of their game on a more personal level, but I feel as if some of the staff are messing around too much with the system console, random messages keeps popping up on everyone's screens, some completely unnecessary (like a troll face popping up in game today) and some more laid back and suitable, such as asking rhetorical questions to the community, which is fine. But like the troll face, it's completely not needed, and just seems a bit childish. These sorts of messages are popping up quite often as well, not just a one-an-hour type of thing. But more like one every 20 or 40 minutes.

Sorry, I don't mean to be "that" guy, but I feel as if this should be put to a minimal.

Also, some other people have mentioned, as well as my personal thoughts, that some staff members posting overpowered, shiny, unobtainable Pokemon in chat is quite degrading to a lot of us. It's because we work hard to hunt for shinies, good IV's etc, but seeing a staff member post a Shiny Level 100 Mega Mewtwo for example, can degrade/demotivate us and think "Well, we put hours of in game time into finding our shinies, yet staff members can spawn whatever they want in under one minute?" Obviously they're permitted to, as they're part of a group of individuals that run this game, but it still makes some of us feel inferior.

I hope the staff team don't take offence in reading this, I'm purely just acting as a mouth piece for my thoughts and some other's in game which I wanted to share, and I hope the staff team can reflect these matters upon their selves.

Thank you!

-Purple

Need a hand building a team that can withstand any threat?

Check out my Team Building guide below!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=2673

n6B7FWg.png--->0rljaJC.png

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually to be frank I completely agree with this. With that being said, I must take ownership to the fact that I myself have posted pokemon that I didn't obtain fairly just to do so, It wasn't my intention to make anyone feel upset or anything, but this is fair to hear from the community.

I'll see what I can do about toning it down a bit, I can work hard for myself on this, but it might take more than just asking for other staff members.

“Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.”

Happened again, I took the liberty of screenshotting the responses from players this time.

9jt82rn.png

The last guys sentence was:

"could you just stop this ___, admins? it's not funny anymore"

Yep. My friend talked to me about it too... "Marincho" (First sentence in chat). He was told by the mods (Evilams and 1 more) to ignore it -.- How can you ignore a trollface all across your screen? ._.

Yep, there was also a system message response with "Why so serious?" I seriously don't think this is professional behaviour. Something needs to be done.

Purple,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I haven't been able to be around in-game since the first day, so I can't comment on the system messages, but I can comment on the Pokémon displayed in chat.

Please don't feel degraded when staff shows Pokémon. Yes, staff can spawn Pokémon in 1 second, but staff members are not allowed to battle, trade, or give away items/Pokémon to players. With these restrictions, the Pokémon that staff members have are essentially useless.

wycTAcv.gif

Sig created by Annazhee

Purple,

I haven't been able to be around in-game since the first day, so I can't comment on the system messages, but I can comment on the Pokémon displayed in chat.

Please don't feel degraded when staff shows Pokémon. Yes, staff can spawn Pokémon in 1 second, but staff members are not allowed to battle, trade, or give away items/Pokémon to players. With these restrictions, the Pokémon that staff members have are essentially useless.

I don't think it's really a matter of the pokemon being useless, it's more so the fact that people see us getting Pokemon they may hope to achieve at some point and they know they have a slim to none chance of achieving them at this early stage. Which I can clearly see as being degrading.

Purple,

I don't think it's really a matter of the pokemon being useless, it's more so the fact that people see us getting Pokemon they may hope to achieve at some point and they know they have a slim to none chance of achieving them at this early stage. Which I can clearly see as being degrading.

Exactly my point, thank you Gawerty for understanding where I'm coming from.

Purple,

Exactly my point, thank you Gawerty for understanding where I'm coming from.

I was a player once so I understand what it is your saying. I don't agree with the troll faces or spawning pokemon for gloating purposes (even though I myself have partaken in it) and I wish to see the community, at least on this topic, happy.

I agree with Purple. I don't see the point of OP Pokes in chat if they aren't obtained legaly. And the trollfaces are just anoying as .... I'm trying to play the game not got ripped of my chair because of a trollface... If I get in the server :p