The All or Nothing of the current Reroll System

Yerk

Most games that have a progression system tied to luck have some sort of pity system. For example, card games guarantee you a Legendary after X pulls without getting one. Gacha games allow you to combine duplicate characters to make them more powerful. However in PRO, when you get a bad Reroll, nothing happens. All you did was waste your resources and all the time it took to collect those resources. 
My suggestion is: when you Reroll your Legend and choose to keep the old IV set, you get to add 1 IV to any stat on that Legendary.
So, if this were my current Lando and the Reroll:
image.png.34f2606ffee2d74afcb695323cdd81ea.png
I could keep my current Landorus but change the DEF to 9.

This will alleviate some of the frustration that comes with wasted Rerolls, help players progress towards a Hidden Power they might want, and possibly tempt players to sink more resources into some of their legends that are good but not great.

For example, this is my Heatran.
image.png.1ba145350363359b4f7218e1760283ce.png
I would love to have a better one but I know that keeping a high speed IV and overall improving the other stats is extremely unlikely. So, under the current Reroll System, I will probably never Reroll this Legend again.

Thanks for reading 🙂

this is a good and bad idea

lets say somone has good legend already

its 29 speed keldeo 

so they will oviously click to decline it and get 30 speed

it should only work within a iv limit is what i think is a fair compromise

Edited by ForgiveMe

Its a -1 from me, at least the way you want to revamp it. And I'll explain why below.

But I do think the suggestion is nice, just not befitting on PRO with its RNG factors IMO.

To start, PRO is mostly resolving around RNG. So having an option of selecting a specific IV after each failed reroll can be "abused" or "broken". And I personally feel like it removes the RNG factors from the entire system. But, if its randomized... it can work to some extents. But I still feel like a "pity system" isn't needed on PRO. Because luck is what drives this game into a grindy game, which controls the market and the values each item have. And all that is fine by me. A Pokemon MMORPG game is meant to be grindy and interesting. But having a pity system is the polar opposite, even if its just for the reroll tickets system. But, this doesn't render the suggestion useless, because I think it has potential, just perhaps not in this suggested state.

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png