Regarding Evolution

Elisha

Hello, Is there a requirement or something special you need to do to evolve pokémon?

I came back to the game after many years and started over. I caught a level 9 Caterpie, leveled it up to 10 expecting it to evolve but it didn't and I don't remember there being any requirements to allow evolution before so I don't know if it's a bug.

I haven't reach Pewter city yet, I'm at Viridian Forest.

Thank you

Hello @Elisha. My apologies for the late response.

There is nothing required in order to unlock evolutions as a whole. You’ll simply have to meet that specific Pokémon’s evolutionary requirements.

As for your Caterpie not evolving, that is certainly not normal. Is it still unable to evolve?

20210315_182419.GIF.600580dc17bf992ac675ff6acd0178f9.GIF

Game Rules  |  Resolution Center  |  PRO Wiki

Instead of privately contacting Staff, make a thread, it may help other players.

Hello @Epithet, it did evolve at 11. But it happened with Metapod again. It didn't evolve at level 12, it did it at 13.

I don't know if this would happen to other Pokémon, I've only tried with that single Caterpie.

Just finished testing other 2 Caterpie, one at level 8 and the other at 9. Both evolved as they are supposed to Metapod and then to Butterfree.

Edited by Elisha
Added last line

My apologies for the delayed response.

That certainly is strange and will be looked into if it happens again. Please report it if you encounter this again.

For the time being, we cannot identify a bug with such limited information. Unless you have more information surrounding your situation or have a way to reproduce it, this thread will be closed.

20210315_182419.GIF.600580dc17bf992ac675ff6acd0178f9.GIF

Game Rules  |  Resolution Center  |  PRO Wiki

Instead of privately contacting Staff, make a thread, it may help other players.