I have a general idea/plan to catch a Kadabra but I want to know if my idea/plan will work or if someone has tried it before I go on with it.

Pinkfreud

I've only played for like 2 days so I only have 3 (brock, misty, surge) badges so far in the game and the farthest I've been to is Vermilion City.

So I've been reading the wiki and my general idea is this:

1. Go to route 25

2. Use repel trick using a lvl 17 to ensure only abra/kadabra spawns since wiki says that only abra/kadabra can spawn at max lvl 17 (other pokemon max level in route 25 is 14)

3. Use my slowpoke's sleep powder to make the kadabra fall asleep so it doesn't use teleport to run away

4. Catch asleep kadabra

On paper, this looks like it would work but I want to make sure that this works before I try it. Only thing I have a concern with is that sleep powder might not work so I need to use a pokemon with the better sleep move.

If there is an easier way to catch a kadabra at this stage of the game, please let me know.

Hello @Pinkfreud.

You can repel trick Abra and Kadabra in Route 25 using a Pokémon within levels 15-17. 
It will work, but due to Sleep Powder’s low accuracy, I do not recommend using this method.

Instead, try catching a Diglett with the Arena Trap ability inside Diglett’s Cave. This ability will prevent Abra from successfully teleporting away. Since it is not reliant on accuracy, it will always succeed in trapping Abra.

Hope this helps you out. If you have further questions, please let me know.

20210315_182419.GIF.600580dc17bf992ac675ff6acd0178f9.GIF

Game Rules  |  Resolution Center  |  PRO Wiki

Instead of privately contacting Staff, make a thread, it may help other players.

9 minutes ago, Epithet said:

Hello @Pinkfreud.

You can repel trick Abra and Kadabra in Route 25 using a Pokémon within levels 15-17. 
It will work, but due to Sleep Powder’s low accuracy, I do not recommend using this method.

Instead, try catching a Diglett with the Arena Trap ability inside Diglett’s Cave. This ability will prevent Abra from successfully teleporting away. Since it is not reliant on accuracy, it will always succeed in trapping Abra.

Hope this helps you out. If you have further questions, please let me know.

Does specifically using a lvl 17 pokemon ensure that only abra/kadabra will spawn since they're the only pokemon in route 25 that can spawn up to lvl 17. If i use a lvl 15 or 16 pokemon, other pokemons could spawn right?

Edit: Im looking at the wiki again and i understand the lvl 15 thing

Edited by Pinkfreud
edit

As you can see in the image below, everything else aside from Abra and Kadabra spawns between levels 12 and 14, while Abra and Kadabra spawn between levels 15 and 17. So using anything between 15 and 17 will guarantee that every spawn you get will be either Abra or Kadabra. 

Spoiler

image.png.e0458c63f4abf53ab573be1887778ea0.png

However, keep in mind that using the repel trick does not affect how often you’ll find the Pokémon you’re looking for.

• Like 2

20210315_182419.GIF.600580dc17bf992ac675ff6acd0178f9.GIF

Game Rules  |  Resolution Center  |  PRO Wiki

Instead of privately contacting Staff, make a thread, it may help other players.

On 6/11/2022 at 1:09 AM, Epithet said:

As you can see in the image below, everything else aside from Abra and Kadabra spawns between levels 12 and 14, while Abra and Kadabra spawn between levels 15 and 17. So using anything between 15 and 17 will guarantee that every spawn you get will be either Abra or Kadabra. 

You should always use the lowest possible level (15 in this case). If the repel mon would be level 17, you would repel all level 15 and 16 Abra and Kadabra spawns and hence significantly lower your chances to get one.