Question about how EV affect Stat Total per level

Pinkfreud

I kind of understand how EV (blue numbers) and IV (orange numbers) works, how IV are set values while EV can be increased or decreased and how EV total is 510, single stat max is 252, etc. I also understand how nature works, one additive stat one subtractive stat. What I don't understand is how all (especially EV) affects the Stat Total (white numbers).

Here's a situation:

Say i have 2 pokemons of the same kind and they both have the same nature, same IV, and same EV (say 252 on atk and spd and 6 on hp). The only difference between these two pokemons are they're different levels, one pokemon is lvl 20 (mon A) and the other is lvl 30 (mon B). Because everything is the same except level, the Total Stats between the two are also different (I'm assuming mon B has mostly higher Total Stats because of level advantage).

Say I level up mon A to lvl 30 to match mon B. Now, both pokemons will have the same nature, IV, EV, and level.

My question is, will mon A have higher Total Stats than mon B at this point (both lvl 30) because it had a "headstart" with max EV's? Each time mon A leveled up from lvl 20, did the EV's affect the Total Stats to where there is a difference between mon A and mon B at lvl 30?

If the answer is yes, how come people have said that EV training a pokemon doesn't matter what level you max their EV's as long as it is before lvl 100? Wouldn't it be more beneficial to EV train a pokemon at a relatively low level so it can have this advantage/headstart?

My advice for you on this is: 

- For story clearing: stats (IVs/ EVs) doesn't matter, you can buy/ borrow a few lvl 100 pokemon and clear the story easily, as you out-level the NPC

- For PvE/ PvP: use the fast leveling method to train your Mon to around lvl. 50, then use EV reducing berries to clear away those unwanted EVs (attained upon leveling), then focus on EV training those right stats (510 at max), when at max EV, you can forget about it and just focus on leveling up to lvl. 100. The total stats will always appear correctly. 

For the example you mentioned, when that A & B are at the same base stat/level/ nature/ IVs/ EVs, their total stats will just be the same naturally. 

The reason I advise you to finish EV training just around level 50 is to reduce the cost of using ev-reducing berries when you actually do the EV training. 

20220513_183329.jpg

11 hours ago, Mingrenpro said:

For the example you mentioned, when that A & B are at the same base stat/level/ nature/ IVs/ EVs, their total stats will just be the same naturally.

So i looked into it further and I found this bit from bulbapedia: "For each level gained (ignoring Nature), stats will increase by 1/50 the base stat value, and 1/100 the combined individual value and effort value." So does this apply to PRO? If so, A and B would have different total stats since it started with max EVs 10 lvls before B right? Or is the increments per level so small that it doesn't matter?

Edited by Pinkfreud
edit

You seems to have forgotten the condition you set. 

You first set A & B at the same in all stats except for level, ofc this will lead to one fact: the one with higher level has more in total stats (B in this case)

Then you switch condition to this: A level up to reach B, and asked if A will have a higher stat than B?

--> No ofc, they are all the same at that point, there's no way they can be different in total stats anymore

You also said "because A has a headstart"?

--> not at all, look back to your first condition, they are all the same except for level, remember?

The increased stat upon leveling work correctly, rest assured 

Edited by Mingrenpro

20220513_183329.jpg