PRO literally down more often than it is up...

Murlinator

136056 Does this server ever see more than 15 minutes of uptime before it crashes? Are the servers all located on one of the Developer's old TI-82 Calculators??

Toxic players like you arent welcome here. What makes you think you are so entitled? because you donated to the game? donate. key word. You didnt "buy" anything. You dont "own" any more privileges than membership itself gives you (privileges that are limited to within the game itself).

I have lost count of the amount of times admins, and staff in general, have informed us on how much time is spent on improving the servers. Not just by capacity but also by stability and reliability. Players whine for bigger servers, then complain that the servers crash because they cant handle the bigger capacity. We got 2 servers, pretty much doubling our capacity while only slightly increasing our server downtime, and yet you complain. IF it bother you so much, go play something else, its that simple. I promise you wont be missed. And no, you cant say "who would want to play a game where they dont care about their players?" because they do care about their players and have come along way from where we started, always actively listening to what we have to say and actually acting on it. If you fail to appreciate that, please just leave.

I don't recall ever mentioning spending money on the game, I know it may be hard for you to understand but my frustration doesn't come from a sense of entitlement, it comes from wanting to play because the product they have created really is great when it is up. While I guess the intended humor behind the TI-82 was lost on you because clearly you are just passive aggressive and looking for anyone to channel your issues through. I'm not sure if you've ever met a toxic player before but this post certainly wasn't on of those. I'm sorry the your wee little mind is too small to allow anything other than gumdrops and rainbows inside of it, but hey once you do some growing up you may yet get to live life without the fedora.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So many people in this thread mentioning membership, and yet you guys saying these things are the ones that brought cash into this discussion. Check my original post as many times as you want, you won't find any edits on it, all I did was express frustration that the game I highly enjoy is down a lot, while throwing in some light calculator based humor to pass the downtime. Sorry to have rustled so many jimmies but I guess sometimes I forget that not everyone is mature enough for the internet.

136397 OK, seriously, enough of the internet lawyer BS too, none of you have any clue what so ever about what you are talking about. This game is a clear violation whether it charges or not. It is an explicit copy of an established IP, without permission, and there doesn't need to be any gain what so ever for it to be a violation of that IP. That's how copyright works, so step out of your fantasy lands. Any who, the only time that matters is when the C&D letters come in and how the service intends to respond, in which I hope they have IP unfriendly hosts that won't comply and I hope they do not either. Nintendo needs to be reminded that their fans have unmet wants.

Regardless, if anyone had such an issue with the minimal downtime then they shouldn't have payed for anything. The game is free, you had more than 1 opportunity to see the state of it before purchase, cut the whining and grow up.

Literally this. Nintendo/Pokemon Company could find about this any moment and shut it down. So despite crashes, lets just enjoy the game while it lasts. Because the reality is, this game is already living on borrowed time. It's an awesome game, its a beta so bugs and instability should be EXPECTED by this point by anyone calling themself a "gamer".

Complaining and badmouthing the dev will NOT motivate them to work faster. Nothing gets done faster when you complain. If anything it demotivates game developers. So way to be counter-productive guys. If you want to give feedback and constructive criticism, please do. But this whining...isn't going to get you anything.

As for the $$$. No one is forcing you pay. That is a choice YOU make. And it is a DONATION, which means you do not get any entitlement or special treatment from it. So if that's the expectation, then you're just going to be constantly disappointed.

I love it when people expect a game that's in ''beta'' to run without any issues, bugs or problems in general. It's free to play, nobody's forcing you to play it whilst still being in development. I'm sure the staff and anyone involved are doing their damnedest to try and keep the game running. I've never played on RED so I couldn't have a thought on how often they occur on there, but BLUE literally only crashes 1 or two times a day, with the server maintenance included. The game runs mainly of donations and memberships, sure I can totally understand it can be annoying to few, but it's not worth complaining over in my opinion. There's literally thousands of people in queue every single day to play PRO, surely it's not the most stable experience to a couple of people out there but it's well worth the wait to 90% of the community.

So many people in this thread mentioning membership, and yet you guys saying these things are the ones that brought cash into this discussion. Check my original post as many times as you want, you won't find any edits on it, all I did was express frustration that the game I highly enjoy is down a lot, while throwing in some light calculator based humor to pass the downtime. Sorry to have rustled so many jimmies but I guess sometimes I forget that not everyone is mature enough for the internet.

Clearly, so get the F off.

136397 OK, seriously, enough of the internet lawyer BS too, none of you have any clue what so ever about what you are talking about. This game is a clear violation whether it charges or not. It is an explicit copy of an established IP, without permission, and there doesn't need to be any gain what so ever for it to be a violation of that IP. That's how copyright works, so step out of your fantasy lands. Any who, the only time that matters is when the C&D letters come in and how the service intends to respond, in which I hope they have IP unfriendly hosts that won't comply and I hope they do not either. Nintendo needs to be reminded that their fans have unmet wants.

Regardless, if anyone had such an issue with the minimal downtime then they shouldn't have payed for anything. The game is free, you had more than 1 opportunity to see the state of it before purchase, cut the whining and grow up.

Literally this. Nintendo/Pokemon Company could find about this any moment and shut it down. So despite crashes, lets just enjoy the game while it lasts. Because the reality is, this game is already living on borrowed time. It's an awesome game, its a beta so bugs and instability should be EXPECTED by this point by anyone calling themself a "gamer".

Complaining and badmouthing the dev will NOT motivate them to work faster. Nothing gets done faster when you complain. If anything it demotivates game developers. So way to be counter-productive guys. If you want to give feedback and constructive criticism, please do. But this whining...isn't going to get you anything.

As for the $$$. No one is forcing you pay. That is a choice YOU make. And it is a DONATION, which means you do not get any entitlement or special treatment from it. So if that's the expectation, then you're just going to be constantly disappointed.

136509 I love it when people expect a game that's in ''beta'' to run without any issues, bugs or problems in general. It's free to play, nobody's forcing you to play it whilst still being in development. I'm sure the staff and anyone involved are doing their damnedest to try and keep the game running. I've never played on RED so I couldn't have a thought on how often they occur on there, but BLUE literally only crashes 1 or two times a day, with the server maintenance included. The game runs mainly of donations and memberships, sure I can totally understand it can be annoying to few, but it's not worth complaining over in my opinion. There's literally thousands of people in queue every single day to play PRO, surely it's not the most stable experience to a couple of people out there but it's well worth the wait to 90% of the community.

136056 Does this server ever see more than 15 minutes of uptime before it crashes? Are the servers all located on one of the Developer's old TI-82 Calculators??

Toxic players like you arent welcome here. What makes you think you are so entitled? because you donated to the game? donate. key word. You didnt "buy" anything. You dont "own" any more privileges than membership itself gives you (privileges that are limited to within the game itself).

I have lost count of the amount of times admins, and staff in general, have informed us on how much time is spent on improving the servers. Not just by capacity but also by stability and reliability. Players whine for bigger servers, then complain that the servers crash because they cant handle the bigger capacity. We got 2 servers, pretty much doubling our capacity while only slightly increasing our server downtime, and yet you complain. IF it bother you so much, go play something else, its that simple. I promise you wont be missed. And no, you cant say "who would want to play a game where they dont care about their players?" because they do care about their players and have come along way from where we started, always actively listening to what we have to say and actually acting on it. If you fail to appreciate that, please just leave.

I don't recall ever mentioning spending money on the game, I know it may be hard for you to understand but my frustration doesn't come from a sense of entitlement, it comes from wanting to play because the product they have created really is great when it is up. While I guess the intended humor behind the TI-82 was lost on you because clearly you are just passive aggressive and looking for anyone to channel your issues through. I'm not sure if you've ever met a toxic player before but this post certainly wasn't on of those. I'm sorry the your wee little mind is too small to allow anything other than gumdrops and rainbows inside of it, but hey once you do some growing up you may yet get to live life without the fedora.

Have you read any of the other replies to your "rant"? not one person sees any "humor" in your post. But hey, go ahead, keep exaggerating and posting derogatory comments about the server, and in turn the devs, and of course keep defending yourself with humor that only you seem to understand. Lets see how long you last :)

mLcUOgl - Imgur.png

False statement. On that note, thread locked.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.