The Queue Improvement

Particle0

When I wait in queue on days like today, it can take upwards of an hour to log into the game, it's worse on weekends.

I don't like waiting, nobody does. But it's a necessary evil that comes with the MMO grounds, I think most of us understand that and there isn't going to be a new server any time soon.

So to help with the queue I suggest that when your queue pops, the icon at the bottom of the screen should flash, like it does in so many other games/messengers when something happens. I browse the internet while I wait for my queue and I don't want there to be sound in the background(as lovely as the violin music is). The only way to know currently that you're in game is the changed music. So a flashing icon on the start bar would be immensely helpful.

Blue Server For Life!

Help Chat's where you'll find me. PM me in game if you need help with the story :)

i agree, aomething like this to notify users would be most helpful. i will speak to shane and see what he thinks about it

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Thanks, it shouldn't be too hard.

The Windows API (Win32) has the FlashWindowEx method within the User32 library

This method allows you (the developer) to Flash a Window, signaling to the user that some major event occurred within the application that to get their attention.

In order to access it you need to use the Platform Invoke (PInvoke) features of .NET

Usage goes something like this, some examples.

// One this to note with this example usage code, is the "this" keyword is referring to

// the current System.Windows.Forms.Form.

// Flash window until it recieves focus

FlashWindow.Flash(this);

// Flash window 5 times

FlashWindow.Flash(this, 5);

// Start Flashing "Indefinately"

FlashWindow.Start(this);

// Stop the "Indefinate" Flashing

FlashWindow.Stop(this);[/quote2]

Blue Server For Life!

Help Chat's where you'll find me. PM me in game if you need help with the story :)