Trade Channel Posting

Earendel

1. 1.

PRO Username: Earendel

Have you looked at the FAQ to solve your issue? : Yes

Your knowledge about PRO: Advanced Knowledge

What have you done before the problem was there?

I've always seen posts and have posted myself in trade for price checks on items that are going to be traded.

What have you already tried to solve the problem?

Spoke with someone labeled with "APP" who told me to bring it to Forums if I had a dispute. My dispute is that this rule shouldn't exist at all, if it even does in the first place.

Description and Message

So again, my dispute here is that you guys are putting way too tight restrictions on trade chat. Telling me that being able to price check in trade when it happens already is going to clog it up more than all chat? No. Why send something that's 100% trade related to all chat where it gets spammed off the screen before you have a chance to even see it. Again, asking for a price on an item you intend or at least intended on selling should be left to the trade channel. Not all chat, not help chat. It's trade chat. For trade related matters. This is a trade related matter.

Thank you for bringing this up.

I will say now

Some of the default things you may here from Trade Mods

Buy/Sell/Trade; Please take all other conversation to another room Thank You.

Please do not use unnecessary symbols/letters. Please do not double/rapid post.

With that being said, imagine Trade Chat being filled with Price Checks from a surge of new players. Some popular youtuber post a video or some popular person on twitch and then you have a huge influx of people who are doing

Price Check

Also im not sure what server you are from however Red Server has a fairly fast paced Trade Chat.

Having clutter in there would hurt both buyers and sellers.

That is why they ask for Price Checks to go to another room.

While i understand your point. For now the app is correct.

I am currently discussing this matter with other staff members ATM to see how we wish to proceed for the future with this subject.

Thank you for bringing this up.

Hey no problem. I understand the point completely but let me throw it at you a little differently. To start with, I completely agree with the point that a new influx of players could cause havoc in such ways.. However, how is it different havoc in all or trade? If anything it wreaks MORE havoc in all chat as all is already chaotic as it is. I'm on blue server. I know it's the less populated server, and I've not seen red servers trade or all to compare. I'm going based on what I've seen (and how annoying it's been to try and scroll up to find something that got spammed off all).

Thanks a lot for the quick response

Earendel

Just a note, I heard there was possible future plans for an auction house. I could be wrong in this, but if this were to happen price checks wouldn't be needed as people would bid as they feel the poke is worth - and this would negate the constant effort posting in trade every minute or so and watching it get wiped away in few seconds due to the influx of messages.

The problem with price checks is that one poke could be awful nature/awful iv's is absolutely worthless to one person but someone who has a liking towards that particular pokemon or wants it to complete pokedex would put a considerably higher price on it.

This also applies to sync pokemon. For example, I was absolutely desperate for a sync modest poke, the seller said he had already received a 10k bid, I offered 15k, the other then offered 20k and I eventually bought it for 25k. I know I overpaid, but the modest Eevee I caught later with it paid for it tenfold.

I hope this helps put forth another angle on the matter, but I do understand where you're coming from. :) The whole thing is a bit of an ordeal atm.

Hey, Sumner. Again I completely agree. These angles that you and Sage have presented are definitely changing my opinion on the matter kinda. I'm still on the boat that trade should be the the space for it.. But it seems like it's just too hard to control at the moment. An auction house would be the end-all solution to the problem. That probably requires a fair amount of programming/coding work though. If they're working on it? Great!! I'd be stoked to see an AH. Suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Earendel

I can imagine an auction house is a long way way, I mean atm there's the issue of the amount of players who want to play and the space on the servers, the constant monitoring/resolution of problems/rule breaking etc. I try to donate what I can to help since this game is initially free which is lovely for us but I can imagine it introduces a huge headache on where to place funding and priorities when it comes to development.

Personally a short term fix would be just to introduce another channel called "Ratings" and have it include ratings and price checks, and people can choose whether they want to say drop the battle channel to gain the ratings channel, since the battle channel is primarily used by more advanced players who wouldn't utilise a ratings channel.

But then this also introduces the problem of a lot of newbies not knowing there's a little settings button near the chat that allows you to join/create channels and arrange them, change text colour etc.

Maybe a short interface tutorial guide should be pinned as a main topic on the forum alongside this, if this is an idea that could possibly be implemented. Most people don't even know there's a resync button. :(

..You should work for the dev team. lol You seem to have great ideas and the repercussions of said ideas and how to deal with those repercussions already put together. As for donating, I definitely plan on putting a bigger one than I have in on payday. It's worth it and the devs deserve it.

137948 I can imagine an auction house is a long way way, I mean atm there's the issue of the amount of players who want to play and the space on the servers, the constant monitoring/resolution of problems/rule breaking etc. I try to donate what I can to help since this game is initially free which is lovely for us but I can imagine it introduces a huge headache on where to place funding and priorities when it comes to development.

Personally a short term fix would be just to introduce another channel called "Ratings" and have it include ratings and price checks, and people can choose whether they want to say drop the battle channel to gain the ratings channel, since the battle channel is primarily used by more advanced players who wouldn't utilise a ratings channel.

But then this also introduces the problem of a lot of newbies not knowing there's a little settings button near the chat that allows you to join/create channels and arrange them, change text colour etc.

Maybe a short interface tutorial guide should be pinned as a main topic on the forum alongside this, if this is an idea that could possibly be implemented. Most people don't even know there's a resync button. :(

We've decided on Battle for rates and price checks, since experienced players who want to help will flock there and be able to answer those questions better than other people who are asking since they have no idea.

Haha, a long history in retail makes you think about cause and effect. :) I play for fun though, I can't imagine the stress the dev's go through doing everything they do, I don't think I could handle it. I do like throwing ideas out there though.

In reply to Einstein, I understand that but it's vastly under-utilised by the people it's designed for, unfortunately.

Maybe one day there'll be an end-all be-all answer to it. :D

137948 I can imagine an auction house is a long way way, I mean atm there's the issue of the amount of players who want to play and the space on the servers, the constant monitoring/resolution of problems/rule breaking etc. I try to donate what I can to help since this game is initially free which is lovely for us but I can imagine it introduces a huge headache on where to place funding and priorities when it comes to development.

We've decided on Battle for rates and price checks, since experienced players who want to help will flock there and be able to answer those questions better than other people who are asking since they have no idea.

About Rating channel, the problem is have the plenty people want to rate and price check for other players. The reasons is you will very boring and tiring with rate 1-10, less discussion and less people -> led Rating chat only have people asking without answer. As a result, in my opinion, it combine into Battle chat as many experience players go in there, who has the lot of knowledge pokemon. In fact, rating and price check aims to reach the best PvP pokemon or trying to reach the maximum profit from selling (and price basing on the players in Pvp, makets and economics). So it will make create more discussion, and also more people to answer then only create Rating channel.

P/s: Auction house also planned