qol and visual clarity ideas

K8rgrl

In the community at large, especially in one of the biggest non-official games, showdown, spd is special defence, spa is special attk and spe is speed, for those used to that system, speed being spd is bizarre and confusing.

Why do wild pokemon give money??

Why do trainers panic and drop money? That line occurs when the player blacks out to a wild pokemon, not a trainer battle.

Can we get something explaining that the hotbar exists? I only noticed it when I realized there was no mount hotkey.

Add ability descriptions to the party menu

Why do random battle pokemon become "seen" in my pokedex?

For replacing pokeballs during battles, look at what pokemon showdown looks like on mobile.

Why is brock in two places at once? I can have brock on screen and go into his gym and see brock. Did we clone him? /Hj

On 10/12/2022 at 10:19 PM, K8rgrl said:

Why do wild pokemon give money??

because they have lives too and therefore need wallets

Why do trainers panic and drop money? That line occurs when the player blacks out to a wild pokemon, not a trainer battle.

"oh no, oh crap i lost quick my pokemon need help fast i'm going to run very fast to a pokemon center and get them healed and not pay attention to anything i may drop i.e my wallet"

makes complete sense, it's also just a "here you beat me have some cash as a reward" thing

Can we get something explaining that the hotbar exists? I only noticed it when I realized there was no mount hotkey.

Could have a mention for it on like a sign or something at the start of the game, but it would still all rely on people reading the signs are paying attention to it.

Why do random battle pokemon become "seen" in my pokedex?

because you've seen them...

Why is brock in two places at once? I can have brock on screen and go into his gym and see brock. Did we clone him?

do you actually SEE him in the two places, or are you just assuming he's slower than you

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

On 10/14/2022 at 12:00 PM, G3n3r4l said:

because they have lives too and therefore need wallets

"oh no, oh crap i lost quick my pokemon need help fast i'm going to run very fast to a pokemon center and get them healed and not pay attention to anything i may drop i.e my wallet"

makes complete sense, it's also just a "here you beat me have some cash as a reward" thing

Could have a mention for it on like a sign or something at the start of the game, but it would still all rely on people reading the signs are paying attention to it.

because you've seen them...

do you actually SEE him in the two places, or are you just assuming he's slower than you

A. Pff

B. They have plenty of time to mald that they lost *shrug*

C. I can look at brock, take one step into the bullding, and poof, brock is on the top step. Unless he moves faster than sound, silently, without bumping into me, then no he's just in two places.

D. With regards to the seen thing, that's fair I personally disagree but I understand your point.

E. I think my other points still hold water about the pokemon displaying abilities, spe>spd etc