Hello, Some Questions and Dialog

Tengrikun

For starters *ba dum tis* I haven't downloaded the game yet, I like the way things look but haven't found much information and have some specifics regarding the way exclusive Pokemon work since the link didn't work in the forum I found. I tend to play just about any game but I usually stay away from MMO's because the playerbase can ruin a good game. I don't mind spoilers too much, just curious about the general gameplay and specifics below.

1. So is this one of those situations where there's hub areas or is it more of a constant Player Trainers are everywhere in the world? 

2. Can I get the Mons below without some type monetization ploy?

I tend to use themed teams but much more loosely based than a monoteam, more like the fan-game Pokemon Reborn where it's based around a weather set or field type. This time I'd like to go a little more loose with a Nautical/Pirate theme assuming this is a more casual setting so I'll post my desired team below.

Sharpedo-"Walk the Plank"

Forretress-"Return Fire"

Heliolisk-Even pirates need to charge their electronics...

Infernape-First mate/crow's nest climber

Dhelmise-"Anchors away"

Chatot-Obligatory Parrot

Toucannon-Backup Birb

TL;DR-Made an account to ask some questions and test the water with the player base, feel free to ask questions say hi or just bump around the thread if you're bored. I'm sure it won't be a long wait before this gets moved, deleted or answered. My GF and I aren't able to live together at the moment so it'd be cool to play Pokemon with her until we can move again.

Hello @Tengrikun.

First off, welcome to PRO. We’re glad you showed interest in our game and hope you do decide to download and begin playing.

To answer your first question: players can be seen in the overworld. So it’s more so the latter than the former. There’s not necessarily “hubs” where everyone just idles by, but some cities are naturally more populous than others due to the flow of player traffic or because of what the city is home to. For example, Vermillion City is the most visited city because of how much there is to do there and because of it’s centralized location in Kanto. You’re likely to see dozens of players shift in and out of there on a regular basis. 

Now, regarding your second question: you can obtain every Pokémon that’s currently available, with the exception of event-exclusive Pokémon, without the need for any real-money transactions.
Some Pokémon spawn exclusively for players with active membership, but you can still

obtain those Pokémon by trading for them with other players. Furthermore, you can purchase Membership with in-game currency, allowing you to hunt Membership-exclusive Pokémon without having to donate a single penny.

Do note, however, that Toucannon is currently not obtainable in the game, alongside the majority of Generation 7 Pokémon. But, to stick with your Pirate theme, you could seek out a Summer-form Oshawott(shown below).
image.png.275fc587c5be37f2894b191472be28d4.png

Let me know if you have further questions or would like further clarification on any game content, mechanics, information, etc.

20210315_182419.GIF.600580dc17bf992ac675ff6acd0178f9.GIF

Game Rules  |  Resolution Center  |  PRO Wiki

Instead of privately contacting Staff, make a thread, it may help other players.

Thanks @Epithet, I was looking around the Wiki page to try and answer some of these. The only questions I have now are if the starters are limited to a choice of location or is it similar to other fangames where you have access to all of them up to a certain Season/Game release? Sorry for the 21 questions, love what I've been seeing though.

@Epithet, hey no worries I started already along with the GF and I love more than I dislike. For the starter Pikachu, if I evolve it does it bar me from some of the rewards that I've heard of or unique movesets like Surf? Idk how you'd be able to program it that it would unlearn an HM but I do prefer the Orange chubby mouse lol so wanting to check before I risk it. Thinking about possibly starting a sort of rolling review as well, but unsure if anything like that would be helpful to staff or other players. I know I'm a good eight years late to the game. Thanks again for everything.

@Epithet, thanks again I'll probably leave it alone for now then. Just got the rainbow badge so I might try and get some trades for that other team but I'll probably try to finish Kanto with my current team, Should be good for now so Happy Halloween and thanks for the Knowledge Treats. o/