Re: PRO Rarity System 2

Chas3down

If this isn't the correct forum, sorry, please move.

So, if we had 3 common(Pokemon A,B,C), 2 Uncommon(Pokemon C,D), 2 Scarce(Pokemon E,F), 2 Rare (Pokemon H,I), 2 Extremly Rare(Pokemon J, K) in one area. What would be the spawn chance of each?

we don't want players to know exact rarities.

It takes the point away from the actual hunting

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

It takes the point away from the actual hunting

Will not argue with decisions you guys make. But I doubt the reasoning given here stands. Percentages won´t change wheather I want a pokemon or not. If the percentages vary from area to area, they might change where I hunt but not that I hunt. Instead, they give me an approximate time frame I can calculate with, which, at least for me, counters the disappointment when I "wasted" two hours of hunting a special pokemon (I look at your, Murkrow route 7).

Then again, even if you don´t give a reason for that decision, I am fine with how it is. I just don´t think it would take the point away.

percentages seem to dictate how much pokes get sold for.

I have been witness to this on another pokemon MMO, where exact rates were public

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

The way I setup spawn system removed the need for the players to worry about the rates. Spawns have their respective tiers and sub-tiers and they are consistent. To explain it simple, you have 9 categories you need to be focused on. There is no spawn that is out of range of any of those 9 categories. Take for example 3 extremely rare Pokemon like Beldum, Bagon and Dratini. They are all in the same sub-tier. There is no such thing as easier or harder in the same group. When I created this system I created it so that players can use simple pure logic and that is; Some Pokemon will be rare, some wont. What is taken into consideration here are the Pokemon from lower tiers on the same map as well as time of the day. Example, your chances of finding Pokemon X are better during day because you don't have Zubat on the way like you would have when hunting during night. Some Pokemon are time limited for example only during morning where every other spawn on the map spawns during that period of time. Of course that will make rarer Pokemon harder to find. However, the ratio does not change.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

It's a bit saddening to see the majority of the newest Gen (after Gen. 2 and/or 3) Pokemons being so rare. I do agree with the mentality of this being an MMO and having to work your rear off for certain Pokemons, but even the most casual ones are so uncommon. Such as, Hippopotas, Shellos, Skitty, Carnivine, etc.

I wish there was a larger diversity instead of turning new Pokémons certainly rare to the point of dealing with hours or weeks of finding one.

The way I setup spawn system removed the need for the players to worry about the rates. Spawns have their respective tiers and sub-tiers and they are consistent. To explain it simple, you have 9 categories you need to be focused on. There is no spawn that is out of range of any of those 9 categories. Take for example 3 extremely rare Pokemon like Beldum, Bagon and Dratini. They are all in the same sub-tier. There is no such thing as easier or harder in the same group. When I created this system I created it so that players can use simple pure logic and that is; Some Pokemon will be rare, some wont. What is taken into consideration here are the Pokemon from lower tiers on the same map as well as time of the day. Example, your chances of finding Pokemon X are better during day because you don't have Zubat on the way like you would have when hunting during night. Some Pokemon are time limited for example only during morning where every other spawn on the map spawns during that period of time. Of course that will make rarer Pokemon harder to find. However, the ratio does not change.

Okay, well I wonder if you can answer this, is the spawn system set up like this, Common pokemon have say 1/10 to spawn, Rare have 1/100 (just examples) to spawn. Pokemon A and B are common, and C and D are rare. Does the game first calculate if it will throw a common/rare/etc, then choose which common it will throw? Or, does it, if pokemon A,B,C,D were the only pokemon in an area. Would the spawn rates be :

A = 4.54545/10

B = 4.54545/10

C = 4.54545/100

D = 4.54545/100

Or, does it calculate like this

9.09/10

.89/10

---

Then .5 chance on which pokemon it will pick after it decides the rarity?

This is purely curiosity, I know in this situation it would give the pokemon the same effective chance to spawn

No, doesn't work like that. Name me one map for example and I will check something out.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

139762 It's a bit saddening to see the majority of the newest Gen (after Gen. 2 and/or 3) Pokemons being so rare. I do agree with the mentality of this being an MMO and having to work your rear off for certain Pokemons, but even the most casual ones are so uncommon. Such as, Hippopotas, Shellos, Skitty, Carnivine, etc.

I wish there was a larger diversity instead of turning new Pokémons certainly rare to the point of dealing with hours or weeks of finding one.

thats mainly because their native region isnt implemented yet and so they are membership pokemon.

Anyway, looked up Dragons den. During the 6 hours of grinding there the server should give you several Bagons. When you count how many people are hunting there you get rather higher number. Then again, there is a luck factor. You can encounter 100 bagons today and you can end up seeing none.