Bug TM event tutors

Zotakaiser

When i try to teach baton pass or weather ball to some pokes like whimsicott, gardevoir, pidgeot, clamperl, venomoth, nincada or sentret it says "that pokemon cannot learn the movement"
But the info that i have its at least about venomoth can baton pass, so i think its bugged.

Here the image

image.png.252f920107c51aad665522971b8ad96f.png

Hello @Zotakaiser. My apologies for the late response.

Event move tutors are special tutors for Pokémon that can only learn a certain move through an event. By event, I do not mean our in-game events, but rather real-life events held by the Pokémon Company where Pokémon were distributed with special moves they otherwise couldn't learn. These tutors are our way of implementing event-only moves that some Pokémon can learn. In the case of Baton Pass, the event move tutor will only teach this move to the following:

• Farfetch'd
  • Beedrill
  • Spearow
  • Rapidash
  • Dodrio
  • Hypno
  • Zapdos
  • Natu
  • Swellow
  • Lunatone
  • Solrock
  • Buizel
  • Venonat
  • Scyther
  • Shelmet

It is also good to note that PRO uses the Generation 7 learnsets.

Whimsicott, Gardevoir, and Pidgeot cannot learn Baton Pass in Generation 7, so they can't in PRO either.

While Clamperl itself doesn't learn it, both its evolutions, Huntail and Gorebyss, learn it at level 29. You can take them to the Move Relearner to re-teach the move.

Likewise, Nincada doesn't learn Baton Pass. But Ninjask, one of its evolutions, learns it at level 35.

Venomoth learns it through the Egg Move tutor

Sentret learns Baton Pass at level 39.

Hope this helps clear things up. If you have further questions, please let me know.

20210315_182419.GIF.600580dc17bf992ac675ff6acd0178f9.GIF

Game Rules  |  Resolution Center  |  PRO Wiki

Do not privately contact Staff. Instead, create a thread; it may help other players.