Mouse Cursor

Particle0

1. 1.

Seeing my standard windows 7 mouse inside of the game is way out of place, and frankly a bit jarring every time I see it.

Every great game in the past few decades has had it's own in-game cursor. Think Age of Empires, World of Warcraft, Diablo, etc...

So I suggest this game gets it's very own mouse cursor. Nothing too fancy, but maybe a little black/white hand reminiscent of the selection hand(not upside down of course) in the main series pokemon games.

Below are two ways of doing this in C# quickly and dirty.

If the cursor is all black/white like the hand in the main series pokemon games then.

Cursor myCursor = new Cursor("myCursor.cur");

myControl.Cursor = myCursor;[/quote2]

Or if the cursor has color in it other than black/white(Like if you decide to do a pikachu hand), you'll have to use something along these lines.

[system.Runtime.InteropServices.DllImport("user32.dll")]

public static extern IntPtr LoadCursorFromFile(string fileName);

IntPtr handle = LoadCursorFromFile("myCursor.cur");

Cursor myCursor = new Cursor(handle);

myControl.Cursor = myCursor;[/quote2]

Just a suggestion.

Blue Server For Life!

Help Chat's where you'll find me. PM me in game if you need help with the story :)

it was done using the standard windows mouse, due to the games ability to be played in windowed mode. Now, we could make it so custom mouse would appear when in full screen only, and there being an option to have normal or custom mouse cursor. I personally hate custom cursors, theyre gimmicky at best. But i can see the appeal they have. so i will mention this to shane when he isnt so busy with other stuff

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

I see. The cursor can be made to work in window mode but in my original draft of this I had the word 'option' thrown in. So I'll throw that in now, a simple option in the menu could work to turn it on/off.

Blue Server For Life!

Help Chat's where you'll find me. PM me in game if you need help with the story :)