My Basculin's ability changed from rock head to reckless, why???

Andyman9988

I have a lvl 100 Basculin, which I am 100% certain had 'Rock Head' as an ability, which the blue-stripped form has. Today when I used my Basculin, the ability changed to now be 'Reckless'. I don't know where else to post this to get assistance, a discord mod advised I post here, so thank you in advance for your help!

Screenshot_20221225_201638_PROClient.jpg

Edited by Andyman9988

I have a lvl 100 Basculin, which I am 100% certain had 'Rock Head' as an ability, which the blue-stripped form has. Today when I used my Basculin, the ability changed to now 'Reckless' thank you in advance for your help!

For some extra info: the image icon was red stipe as seen below, but the sprite that follows my character around always had a blue stripe, but that is now also red.

Screenshot_20221225_201638_PROClient.jpg

Screenshot_20221226_173149_PROClient.jpg

Edited by Andyman9988
Adding image with pokemon ID included

Hello @Andyman9988. My apologies for the late response.

Currently, the Blue-Stripe form of Basculin is not obtainable. But, any basculin caught has a chance to be any of the four abilities between the Red-Stripe and Blue-Stripe.

However, a Pokémon simply changing its ability like how you claim is unheard of. The only time a Pokémon changes it’s ability is when it evolves into a Pokémon with a different ability, such as Friend Guard Clefairy evolving into Unaware Clefable. 
What you’re claiming has not been seen before and I will forward it to our Testers to see if they can reproduce this. If you have any further evidence, please share it with us.

20210315_182419.GIF.600580dc17bf992ac675ff6acd0178f9.GIF

Game Rules  |  Resolution Center  |  PRO Wiki

Do not privately contact Staff. Instead, create a thread; it may help other players.

I unfortunately do not have any screen shots or anything of my old Basculin. I do know for certain, 100% certain, that it had rock head up until the most recent client update. I trained and leveled her specifically because of that ability and have used it many times in the Battle Tower. Is there any way on your end to look at a pervious version of this Basculin? Thank you for your response and your time, I just really miss my fish the way she was 😞

Edit: I have also used this Basculin in PvP, is there any way to look at old battle logs to show how it never took recoil damage in battles?

Edited by Andyman9988
adding info

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

@Epithet I know it's been quite some time, but I am hoping someone has had a chance to look into the possibility of Basculin's ability changing by mistake during an update. Since Basculin's first ability can be ONE of THREE different abilities (the only pokemon to my knowledge with this as an option), I beg you to entertain the notion something went wrong during a game update. I have not used my Basculin since I made this post last year, as I am 1000% sure it had ROCKHEAD as an ability, that is the only reason I would have used this Basculin, because I despise RECKLESS as an ability and would not have used it in conjunction with my Basculin. Thank you for taking the time to read my pleas.