Gyrados or Tentacruel?

Tallwan

I'm relatively knew and my current team is Ivysaur Psyduck Growlithe Onix Nidoking Pidgeot, but I'm finding Psyduck absolutely useless as he dies before he can do anything even when he has the type advantage. Which water type would better fit my team, I'm also open to suggestions outside of those two I can just get them at vermilion city where I currently am.

Hello, 

First off, welcome to the game! I hope you’re enjoying it so far.

I would recommend using a Gyarados. Not only does it have great stats, but it can learn many good moves, making it strong with good coverage. The main driving point is the move Dragon Dance, which raises the Atk and Speed by 1 stage(50%) each. With this move, you can boost yourself and sweep every Elite Four member and the Champion. It’s a good investment for the later parts of Kanto. With that being said, above all, I suggest using your favorite Pokémon. 

As a side note, I’d recommend not evolving your Pokémon too early. As the current EXP system stands, evolving your Pokémon makes it harder to level them since they take more EXP per level than their un-evolved forms.

Feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have.

20210315_182419.GIF.600580dc17bf992ac675ff6acd0178f9.GIF

Game Rules  |  Resolution Center  |  PRO Wiki

Instead of privately contacting Staff, make a thread, it may help other players.

1 hour ago, Epithet said:

Hello, 

First off, welcome to the game! I hope you’re enjoying it so far.

I would recommend using a Gyarados. Not only does it have great stats, but it can learn many good moves, making it strong with good coverage. The main driving point is the move Dragon Dance, which raises the Atk and Speed by 1 stage(50%) each. With this move, you can boost yourself and sweep every Elite Four member and the Champion. It’s a good investment for the later parts of Kanto. With that being said, above all, I suggest using your favorite Pokémon. 

As a side note, I’d recommend not evolving your Pokémon too early. As the current EXP system stands, evolving your Pokémon makes it harder to level them since they take more EXP per level than their un-evolved forms.

Feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have.

Oh I didn't realise that was a thing thank you, I rushed Nidoking because I had a moon stone already, I'll bear that in mind for Growlithe. Is it better then to hold off on evolving Ivysaur and Pidgeot when they reach the level to evolve?

Yes it’s better to hold off, for the reasons I stated above.

There won’t be any affect to the stats of the Pokémon and any move it would have learned if it were evolved can be taught later on after evolving.

20210315_182419.GIF.600580dc17bf992ac675ff6acd0178f9.GIF

Game Rules  |  Resolution Center  |  PRO Wiki

Instead of privately contacting Staff, make a thread, it may help other players.