Helpful Suggestions for battles! (NEW)

Taganimationz

Hello All,

I literally just started PR just the other day, and these are my first impressions and thoughts for the future updates to come.

For Battle:

- More attack animations/graphics, very obvious this will happen with time, but its best I still had this here

- Reworked capturing animation/ better code (I noticed that if you have 5 pokemon in your party, you will know if you caught the pokemon even before the pokemon is actually caught, or not)

- A scaleable battle screen. For me personally, id like if it were a tad bit larger without scaling my entire GUI.

- After a pokemon dies,I think that they should drop down into nothingness, like in the originals (death animation + death sound effects)

- More trainers in the beginning. People who have squirtle or bulbasaur starters wont really understand how hard Brock is when all of your pokemon are under lvl14 with a fire starter. I beat him with a Snubble Lvl.10 +Mankey Lvl.11 + Poliwag. Lvl.9, but I was really grinding hard without help from the internet showing me that these pokemon would help.

- EXP bar. I also noticed this scales RIGHT after you select an attack rather than after the attack. It would be nice to see it more delayed like in the originals.

- Poison. I dont know if this should be a feature, but I thought itd be worth mentioning that having a poisoned feature, where if a pokemon in your party is poisoned, with every few steps their health goes down,etc. For some reason I feel like that should be in.

- Confusion?? Does confusion not cause confusion? Hopefully that is on the way, because thatd be sad if that wasnt implemented, or maybe I havent used my butterfree enough to see it? idk.

- Seeing the accuracy of an attack. Im pretty sure this was a thing in the old games, but I forget. It was like knowing how to play your attacks and which might have a lesser or more chance of sticking.

- Controls. Very minor but still annoying. Theres a slight delay with the controls. If I hold W, and walk forward and then switch to D, it takes a sec for the mechanics of the game to switch, its a very small delay, but noticeable. And also, not being able to keep walking even through entering and exiting buildings.

- Duo Battles and Spectating would be cool, ive seen that suggested in a few posts.

- Economy, Maybe. Im too young into this game to know if the economy is balanced for beginning players, but to me, it doesnt seem like it.

- Also, I think having a better 'Blacked out' animation sequence would be cool, like where things gray out or fade to black and then you re-spawn at the Pokecenter

EDIT - 4/13/2016

Being able to see LEARNED MOVES once you learn them, not just in chat.

Being able to not always have to click on the dialogue box, itd be cool to click anywhere to forward the text, and maybe even hold left click to speed it up more. or to simply have the option to may clicking to the "F" key, like most MMO'sd

I think thats it, If I find anything else Ill post it here.

These are just suggestions, feel free to give me thoughts, but you dont need to be super critical, lol.

Thanks, and amazing job to the Team who put this project together. Such an amazing concept for PK fans, especially ones who want to relive the way the OLD PK GEN Games (up to emerald) were.

- Move animations are always worked on and always implemented ingame for every client update, the progress might be slow but we are working on it.

- This is a minor issue which will be fixed in future.

- We have no plans for this as of now.

- Same as above.

- The area from Pallet to Pewter is already crowed with NPC's.

- Same as the second point.

- It won't be in.

- Confusion works.

- I don't understand what do you mean by "It was like knowing how to play your attacks and which might have a lesser or more chance of sticking.", when you click on your Pokemon the left side and hover above the moves, it gives the whole description about the move. (If that is what you mean)

- Minor issue.

- Both were already suggested and we do plan to make it in future.

- New players will always find tough in any game, not a problem to me.

- That depends on preference of a individual, it might or might not happen.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

140583 Hello All,

I literally just started PR just the other day, and these are my first impressions and thoughts for the future updates to come.

For Battle:

- More attack animations/graphics, very obvious this will happen with time, but its best I still had this here

- Reworked capturing animation/ better code (I noticed that if you have 5 pokemon in your party, you will know if you caught the pokemon even before the pokemon is actually caught, or not)

- A scaleable battle screen. For me personally, id like if it were a tad bit larger without scaling my entire GUI.

- After a pokemon dies,I think that they should drop down into nothingness, like in the originals (death animation + death sound effects)

- More trainers in the beginning. People who have squirtle or bulbasaur starters wont really understand how hard Brock is when all of your pokemon are under lvl14 with a fire starter. I beat him with a Snubble Lvl.10 +Mankey Lvl.11 + Poliwag. Lvl.9, but I was really grinding hard without help from the internet showing me that these pokemon would help.

- EXP bar. I also noticed this scales RIGHT after you select an attack rather than after the attack. It would be nice to see it more delayed like in the originals.

- Poison. I dont know if this should be a feature, but I thought itd be worth mentioning that having a poisoned feature, where if a pokemon in your party is poisoned, with every few steps their health goes down,etc. For some reason I feel like that should be in.

- Confusion?? Does confusion not cause confusion? Hopefully that is on the way, because thatd be sad if that wasnt implemented, or maybe I havent used my butterfree enough to see it? idk.

- Seeing the accuracy of an attack. Im pretty sure this was a thing in the old games, but I forget. It was like knowing how to play your attacks and which might have a lesser or more chance of sticking.

- Controls. Very minor but still annoying. Theres a slight delay with the controls. If I hold W, and walk forward and then switch to D, it takes a sec for the mechanics of the game to switch, its a very small delay, but noticeable. And also, not being able to keep walking even through entering and exiting buildings.

- Duo Battles and Spectating would be cool, ive seen that suggested in a few posts.

- Economy, Maybe. Im too young into this game to know if the economy is balanced for beginning players, but to me, it doesnt seem like it.

- Also, I think having a better 'Blacked out' animation sequence would be cool, like where things gray out or fade to black and then you respawn at the Pokecenter

I think thats it, If I find anything else Ill post it here.

These are just suggestions, feel free to give me thoughts, but you dont need to be super critical, lol.

Thanks, and amazing job to the Team who put this project together. Such an amazing concept for PK fans, especially ones who want to relive the way the OLD PK GEN Games (up to emerald) were.

Let me say my quick opinion on every point:

1. Every update carries new animations. Personally, I play without animations so I don't care about it and in general I consider this a quality of life update, so not important compared to a lot of other things.

2. It is a small, insignificant, issue to me.

3. I found the battle screen comfortable as it is now.

4. Quality of Life = not important at all.

5. This is an MMO game so it is meant to be a bit grinding. Btw, it's challenging but not definitely hard to make it through the first steps of the game, so I don't support this either.

6. Quality of Life = not important at all.

7. Poisoning is an issue, I agree, but again not important.

8. Confusion works.

9. Click on the pokemon and the move the mouse on the move, a window will pop up.

10. Minor issue.

11. As you said Duo Battles and Spectating have been already suggested several times and will be implemented in the future.

12. The economy is quite well balanced: you play, making it through the storyline and you'll make money, but of course in a samller amount compared to the handheld games, 'cause you are in an MMO environment here.

13. I find this irrelevant.

From 2015: I'm still here

UPDATE--

For trainers, I think you guys are right. But I think not being able to fight a trainer again defeats the purpose of the younger game starters.

To me, I think that AS LONG AS you havent killed the trainer's first pokemon, you should be able to redo a battle with them, in cases where you black out.

This solves being able to rebattle, in a way that isnt exp abusive.

I also agree with the notion tht being able to switch pokemon when a trainer uses another pokemon would be good to see.

And in reply to the move Confusion, I didnt mean the move, I meant the side effect "confused". I havent seen any "Pokemon is confused" animation or implementation so far.

Lastly is the accuracy a moves stats.

I think even though they can be seen after clicking on your pokemon and looking at the moves.

I think itd be nice to have that also hover-able over moves In-Battle

I also agree with the notion tht being able to switch pokemon when a trainer uses another pokemon would be good to see.

I recall staffs said PRO deliberately use Set instead of Shift to make battles more challenging.

And in reply to the move Confusion, I didnt mean the move, I meant the side effect "confused". I havent seen any "Pokemon is confused" animation or implementation so far.

Confused status does work, I've gotten it before, thanks to No Guard Dynamic Punch Machoke in Cerulean Cave.

140984 UPDATE--

For trainers, I think you guys are right. But I think not being able to fight a trainer again defeats the purpose of the younger game starters.

To me, I think that AS LONG AS you havent killed the trainer's first pokemon, you should be able to redo a battle with them, in cases where you black out.

This solves being able to rebattle, in a way that isnt exp abusive.

I think even though they can be seen after clicking on your pokemon and looking at the moves.

The "confusion" status works. The absence of animations does not mean the status not to work properly.

Have a window that pops us in battle with the stats of the move would be definitely nice.

From 2015: I'm still here

I havent seen it yet, but hopfully I do. But just to be clear, I mean the effect that happens like when getting frozen,stunned,sleep,etc then theres being confused.

Which I havent seen yet, but it may only be because Im still fairly new to the server. But still, Ive been in loads of battles with the move confusion, and never once seeing " Poxemon X has been confused, Pokemon X hurt itself" kind of string like in the pokemon games (hopefully that explains better)