New Leaf Community Event: Mighty Million Lottery

Hi everyone. Have you ever been so lucky in a pvp match your opponent told you to go play the lottery? Well you're in luck, with this event, now anyone can do it from the comfort of their home and prove to them you're not so lucky after all!

How does this work?

When you decide to play, you will spend a small amount of money, 20k, to have a chance at winning a bigger cash prize, 1m pokedollars. There are smaller prizes that can be won. 

If you want to play, you will have to spend 20k for 1 imaginary ticket. 2 tickets will be 40k, 3 for 60k, and so on. When purchasing these tickets, they will have 6 random or declared (Up to the player to decide) numbers on them, with the 6th number being the "Lucky number." The first 5 numbers will be 1-45, and the final 6th number will be 1-25.

There will be drawings every Wednesday and Sunday, 7pm EST / 12am BST. The drawings will be decided with a Random Number Generator. After the drawings, every existing ticket will be used up and cannot be used for the next drawing. 
Every drawing, the jackpot will be increased as long as people play.

Prizes:

5 numbers + Lucky number  = Jackpot

5 numbers                             = 500k

4 numbers + Lucky number  = 250k

3 numbers                              = 10k

2 numbers + Lucky number  = 10k

Lucky number only                = 5k

Rules:
- When buying a ticket, you can either contact me, Raika -Discord (Raikawastaken) or make a post on this thread with the amount of tickets you wish to purchase, and if you choose to declare the numbers, the numbers you want on your ticket.

- Money transactions will always be held at Vermilion City! Do not ask to meet anywhere else.

- All money from ticket purchases will go back to the jackpot.

- Don't be toxic.

- Silver and Gold players can play, but if you're from Gold, I will only be available on Gold on the 1st day of the month. 

- It is the player's responsibility to point out which numbers match from their tickets.

First drawing will be on Wednesday, July 26th 7pm EST, next one will be on Sunday, July 30th, 7pm EST, and so on.

Current jackpot = 1,000,000 >  1,120,000

Next drawing = July 26th 7pm EST / 12am BST

Drawing numbers = 

Edited by Raika
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

great idea! But.... unless my math is off, the chance to win the jackpot is something around 1 : 4.613.203.125 (25*45^5) ? And the first prize that actually returns more than the ticket prize is 1 : 102.515.625 (25*45^4) ? With a 20k lottery ticket prize I would expect the prizes to be significantly higher, or higher chances to win.