Want to start a reverse auction (need help before hold up a real one)

Luckytea

In my opinion you could put it in "selling pokemon Silver" (you are in fact selling a poke), the only problem i could see is that in order to call the decreased price you make a kind of bumping of the thread and that is allowed only one time a day. Maybe the solution is to decrease the price one time a day (but this would make the thing very long) or to have permission to do it more than one a day.

• Like 2

Come to Small&Cheap Barze Pokeshop!

Click and look for something you like!

Senzatitolo.png.418e1191c927ebfc332d146471837a0a.png

Hello @Luckytea,

What you are describing is not an auction. It's a Fixed Price sale in which you would lower the price to your convenience.

You can bump the thread every 24 hours to let everyone know of the reduction, but in the meantime only edits would be allowed.

Let me know if you have further actions regarding this matter.

Looking forward to your reply.

• Like 2

Signature.gif.2e50421134ce7e989c05d66fb214f749.gif

4 hours ago, Eon said:

Hello @Luckytea,

What you are describing is not an auction. It's a Fixed Price sale in which you would lower the price to your convenience.

You can bump the thread every 24 hours to let everyone know of the reduction, but in the meantime only edits would be allowed.

Let me know if you have further actions regarding this matter.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you for your words. I understood

I surely let you know if I want to do this activity

I think you're actually referring to a 'Dutch auction' (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_auction) which is actually a valid auction used in real life. I think for this to work you'd have to specify exactly at which exact rate the price would drop. For example: You start the auction at 1m and every minute the price drops by 1k. This means that after exactly one hour the price would be 940k (1m - 1k * 60 minutes) and after 10,5 hours the price would be 370k (1m - 1k * 630 minutes) all the way down to 1 coin after 16 hours and 40 minutes (1000 minutes)  if people don't bid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quibus said:

I think you're actually referring to a 'Dutch auction' (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_auction) which is actually a valid auction used in real life. I think for this to work you'd have to specify exactly at which exact rate the price would drop. For example: You start the auction at 1m and every minute the price drops by 1k. This means that after exactly one hour the price would be 940k (1m - 1k * 60 minutes) and after 10,5 hours the price would be 370k (1m - 1k * 630 minutes) all the way down to 1 coin after 16 hours and 40 minutes (1000 minutes)  if people don't bid.

that's what I intended, ty for understand. 
Anyway, GM Eon has given his words so I have to follow the rule

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure @Eon (and most other readers) did not understand that you were talking about a Dutch auction. This might be caused by your phrase

- there's no insta with unpredictable changes of amount of money and time (e.g. reduce 200k in 1 hour or 600k in 3 hours depening on me)

Because the decrease in price is actually very predictable and linear based on time in these kind of auctions and it's not you who determines the price, but time. You can however notify people of the current price (again, purely based on the elapsed time)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Quibus said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure @Eon (and most other readers) did not understand that you were talking about a Dutch auction. This might be caused by your phrase

Because the decrease in price is actually very predictable and linear based on time in these kind of auctions and it's not you who determines the price, but time. You can however notify people of the current price (again, purely based on the elapsed time)

Sure as you said. So if I want to have any actions for this activity I need to discuss with Eon in detail.
I'm glad there's a few one like you believe that my kind of auction could work.

@Quibus Understood what the thread creator was referring to. It’s just that concept does not exist in PRO as an auction, but as a Fixed Price sale - since there is a price tag on and whoever comes first agreeing to that amount, is the rightful buyer.

There is no issue in setting up a thread such as this as an example:

• This Pokemon is for sale for the initial price of 1m.
  • For each 4 hours that elapse, its price is lowered 100k, down to a minimum of 400k.
  • Once the minimum price has been reached, and no one showed interest in the following 48 hours, this sale is cancelled.

This already happens. Just not in a linear way. It’s within the rules whether it’s linear or according to the seller’s wishes.

@Luckytea Let me know if I got the idea right and if this answered any doubts you may have had.

• Like 1

Signature.gif.2e50421134ce7e989c05d66fb214f749.gif