EV Training Hotspots

Lordcobrakai

Hello! I'm Cobrakai, and i'm doing this topic to aid people with their EV training! I want to share with you a list of decent EV training hotspots (some of them better then others but it's what i found best until now), with a list of the Pokémons showing up in each hotspot, their approximate levels, EV gain from battling each of those Pokémon and the daytime where those Pokémon appear. The rarity of listed Pokémon is estimated. This guide will be updated as soon as i get more information on other decent hotspots.

EDIT: Hotspots are not all in Kanto anymore, decided to add a few from Johto region aswell because they are actually really good.

Ways to Modify EV Gain:

As there are no Horde encounters, we are gonna struggle bit more than at 6th gen games (X & Y).

Pokérus also not available so, the struggle will be even bigger.

Macho Brace IS available and working, making EV training 2x faster - doubles EV gain but halves holder's speed.

As many people seemed to not know, Macho Brace can be obtained in the Johto region, Goldenrod City, by trading a Drowzee with an npc who gives a Machop helding the item.

HealthPoints (HP) EV training hotspots:

Johto - Ruins of Alph Entrance

Was just wandering around here when i used Surf on a lake and noticed you get Wooper & Quagsire all the time. Makes it a really good HP EV training area.

194.png

Wooper:

Encounter Rate: common

Levels: gotta confirm this (around 20s)

Daytime: Morning, Afternoon & Night

EVs yield: 1 HP

195.png

Quagsire:

Levels: gotta confirm this (around 20s)

EVs yield: 2 HP

Kanto - Viridian Forest

Viridian Forest is a slow HP training hotspot, but the rate of encountering Pokémons who yield HP EVs is higher than most Kanto routes.

Highly reccomend training here with a Macho Brace or it might take you quite a while...

010.png

Caterpie:

Levels: 3 ~ 6

Daytime: Morning & Afternoon

163.png

Hoothoot:

Levels: 3 ~ 8

Daytime: Night

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attack (Atk) EV training hotspots:

Johto - Mt.Mortar

Huge thanks to @Quakkz for sharing this info with us. Mt.Mortar is the best spot i've tried untill now, you will only run into Goldeen and Seaking while surfing. You won't even notice time going by if holding a Macho Brace.

118.png

Goldeen:

Levels: 14 ~ 20

EVs yield: 1 Atk

119.png

Seaking:

Levels: 18 ~ 22

EVs yield: 2 Atk

Johto - Dark Cave (North)

Thanks to @Trope44 for sharing this info with the community. Just like Mt.Mortar, Dark Cave (North entrance at least) has Goldeen and Seaking all day, just a matter of location preference betteween this and the earlier spoken area.

118.png

Goldeen:

119.png

Seaking:

Kanto - Pokémon Tower (Lavender)

Pokémon Tower is known from the original Pokémon games as a place full of Gastly, sometimes Haunter, and as such place, a good Sp.Atk EV train hotspot.

But, in PRO, you will find mostly Patrat and Spinarak other than Gastlys and Haunters, making this tower a decent Atk EV training spot. Highly reccomend training here with a Macho Brace or it might a while to reach those 252 Atk.

167.png

Spinarak:

Levels: 16 ~ 22

Daytime: Morning & Night

504.png

Patrat:

Levels: 16 ~ 22

Kanto - Mt.Moon

Mt.Moon is known from the original Pokémon games as a place full of Paras, yet, in PRO, there are other encounters that do not yield Atk EVs.

As i stated before, i do not like to train Atk EVs at all, due to the lack of wild Pokémon who yield 2 EVs.

046.png

Paras:

Levels: 10 ~ 15

Kanto - Route 11

Route 11 was just a random attempt i've made, tried to fish for Goldeen/Krabby (both yield 1 Atk EV) and check the encounter rate percentage, estimated, and i got a total of 5 Goldeen & 0 Krabby out of 10 Pokémon (the other five were Magikarp sadly...) THIS IS NOT something i consider a hotspot, but if you feel like pulling Goldeens or just bored of the other spots, try it... Might be luckier than me. This might be tried not only on route 11, but on every route with Goldeen/Krabby as their encounter rate is common.

118.png

Goldeen:

098.png

Krabby:

Kanto - Route 12

Thanks to @Dede for sharing this with us. If you cannot go to Mt.Mortar yet, this should be your best option as Weepinbells show up and give 2 Atk EVs.

069.png

Bellsprout:

070.png

Weepinbell:

Levels: around 20s

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defense (Def) EV training hotspots:

Kanto - Viridian Forest

Viridian Forest is not only an HP training hotspot, but also a somewhat decent defense hotspot. It kinda depends on ur luck tho, finding or not a lot of Kakuna and/or Metapod. I found it to be a really decent spot to EV def up (specially if u need to EV train HP and Def on the same Pokémon).

011.png

Metapod:

Encounter Rate: (un)common

Levels: 5 ~ 9

EVs yield: 2 Def

014.png

Kakuna:

Levels: 5 ~ 9

EVs yield: 2 Def

Speed (SPD) EV training hotspots:

Johto - Dragons Den

People mostly go to Dragons Den either to level their pokémons up or to search for the existing rare dragon types within that area but it is also a good Spd EV training hotspot since you mainly run into Golbats and Raticates. With Macho Brace, it is actually a really good spot since you only get +4 EV for each pokémon you faint.

042.png

Golbat:

Levels: 56 ~ 59

Daytime: Day, Afternoon & Night

EVs yield: 2 Speed

020.png

Raticate:

Levels: 56 ~ 59

Kanto - Diglett Cave

The Diglett Cave is a well know Speed EV Hotspot, u mainly run into pokémon who yield speed ev's. Stay in the cave's entrance, do not got to B2F Diglett Cave, or u will also run into Pokémons who do not yield SPD EVs (ex: sandshrew, sandslash...). Macho Brace here would make SPD training A LOT FASTER then it already is, if you have it then you won't lose almost any time here.

041.png

Zubat:

EVs yield: 1 Speed

050.png

Diglett:

EVs yield: 1 Speed

051.png

Dugtrio:

Encounter Rate: uncommon

Levels: 25 ~ 29

Special Attack (Sp.Atk) EV training hotspots:

Kanto - Route 5

Route 5 is an awesome Sp.Atk training hotspot, the encounter rate on Pokémon who not only wield 1, but also 2 Sp.Atk EVs is great.

Sadly, those Pokémon only show up at night, so hurry up when night time aproaches.

043.png

Oddish:

Levels: 13 ~ 16

EVs yield: 1 Sp.Atk

063.png

Abra:

Levels: 13 ~ 19

044.png

Gloom:

Levels: 15 ~ 19

EVs yield: 2 Sp.Atk

Kanto - Route 6

Route 6 is also a decent Sp.Atk training hotspot, the encounter rate on Pokémon who yield Sp.Atk EVs is also fairly decent.

Personally, i prefer route 5 over route 6, but since route 5 only worth going at night, route 6 is also listed as an hotspot.

054.png

Psyduck:

Levels: 13 ~ 18

Daytime: Afternoon

081.png

Magnemite:

Levels: 13 ~ 18

Daytime: Afternoon

063.png

Abra:

Levels: 13 ~ 19

Special Defense (Sp.Def) EV training hotspots:

Attention: To be honest, Sp. Def is so easy to train, u can find Tentacool almost everywhere (through rod or surfing, doesn't matter which method).

I'm just listing the locations where it seemed i found a high ammount of Tentacruel for a faster train (maybe i was just lucky finding many Tentacruel in these zones, maybe it's just my impression).

Kanto - Route 19 & 20

Routes 19 & 20 are awesome Sp.Def training hotspots, the encounter rate on Pokémon who not only yield 1, but also 2 Sp.Def EVs seemed really great to me.

On this training method your going most of the Pokémon on water. On route 19, you will not find neither Tentacool or Tentacruel using rods, this method is only for ppl past 5th gym, capable of using HM 03 - Surf.

072.png

Tentacool:

Levels: 27 ~ 33

EVs yield: 1 Sp.Def

073.png

Tentacruel:

Levels: 31 ~ 38

EVs yield: 2 Sp.Def

Hope this topic can help a lot of people.

Would also like to ask for PRO's community to help improving this topic, as i think every1 wants to train their Pokémons EV with an always higher and improving efficiency.

Cobrakai

• Like 8
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ45MoxJ-F-CfCwR0-GqTBuvT7WMqji22NWMiO1IgYfp5pIfCE

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mates. Hope the topic really does help ppl but sadly, do not have permission to edit it (Forum Admins please....).

route 6 if you have access to surf you can encounter psyducks and golducks all day

Did not try that o.o Thanks for the info mate. For whoever who doesn't know this, Psyduck was stated above (1 Sp.Atk), as for Golduck, yields 2 Sp.Atk.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ45MoxJ-F-CfCwR0-GqTBuvT7WMqji22NWMiO1IgYfp5pIfCE